CCTV captures moment prisoner Kevin Brooker escapes from Homerton Hospital – in his socks
- Credit: police
CCTV has been released of the moment a prisoner made his escape from Homerton Hospital in his socks, being chased by a medic and the police officer who was supposed to be guarding him.
Kevin Brooker – who is still at large – can be seen running out of the doors of the hospital in Homerton Row.
He was last seen running south along Morning Lane.
Detectives are now appealing for help to trace the 32-year-old, who has several distinctive tattoos including the names “Baylie” on his neck and “Terri” and “Honey” on his arms.
Brooker was arrested at midday yesterday for failing to appear at court on charges of possession with intent to supply Class A drugs.
You may also want to watch:
But when he was taken to a police station he told officers he had consumed a large quantity of Class A drugs, and was rushed to Homerton Hospital by ambulance.
However when he was waiting to be examined in A&E at 8.30pm he gave officers the slip.
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 3 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 4 Stamford Hill singer says Hackney people helped him on creative path
- 5 Olympic boxer joins fight to make vegetable poverty history in Hackney
- 6 Hackney Half marathon to go ahead amid uncertain Covid restrictions
- 7 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 8 Tributes paid to Hackney sports hero and coach Lloyd Cowan
- 9 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 10 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
Despite extensive efforts overnight, police have not been able to trace him, according to Scotland Yard.
Brooker is described as a white man of slim build and when he fled he was wearing a grey t-shirt and blue tracksuit trousers. He was only wearing black socks on his feet.
He has links to Hackney, Essex, Dagenham and several locations in east London.
Anyone who may have seen Kevin Brooker is urged to dial 999 and ask for police and ambulance urgently.