CCTV footage of robbers who mugged man at gunpoint in Victoria Park
Police have released CCTV footage in a bid to catch two robbers who mugged a man at gunpoint near Victoria Park, south Hackney, in April.
The film shows two men as they enter Victoria Park through the entrance on Sewardstone Road and approach their victim, who was texting on his mobile phone, shortly before 8.30pm on April 11.
The first suspect, wearing a black hooded top with gold Adidas print, asked him if he had any drugs but when the victim said no, he carried on walking.
The men, who are believed to be Asian, continued to follow him as he reached Gore Road where the first suspect grabbed him by the arm and pointed a handgun at his head, saying “show me what you got”.
Suspect two, who was wearing a dark blue hooded top, then pointed a second gun towards the victim’s genitals.
You may also want to watch:
The victim, fearing for his safety, handed over his mobile phone and the suspects made off west along Gore Road.
Anyone with any information should call DC Gary Moore, from Hackney’s Robbery Unit, on the Mets new non emergency number 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, quoting reference number CR4609424/11. Alternatively email: email@example.com quoting the reference number.
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 3 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 4 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Letters: Christchurch Estate, Cllr Burke, Happy Man Tree and CCTV
- 7 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 8 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 9 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 10 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web