CCTV footage of robbers who mugged man at gunpoint in Victoria Park
Police have released CCTV footage in a bid to catch two robbers who mugged a man at gunpoint near Victoria Park, south Hackney, in April.
The film shows two men as they enter Victoria Park through the entrance on Sewardstone Road and approach their victim, who was texting on his mobile phone, shortly before 8.30pm on April 11.
The first suspect, wearing a black hooded top with gold Adidas print, asked him if he had any drugs but when the victim said no, he carried on walking.
The men, who are believed to be Asian, continued to follow him as he reached Gore Road where the first suspect grabbed him by the arm and pointed a handgun at his head, saying “show me what you got”.
Suspect two, who was wearing a dark blue hooded top, then pointed a second gun towards the victim’s genitals.
You may also want to watch:
The victim, fearing for his safety, handed over his mobile phone and the suspects made off west along Gore Road.
Anyone with any information should call DC Gary Moore, from Hackney’s Robbery Unit, on the Mets new non emergency number 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, quoting reference number CR4609424/11. Alternatively email: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference number.
- 1 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 2 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 3 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 4 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 5 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 6 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 7 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 8 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 9 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 10 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012