CCTV image released following knife-point robbery in Hackney
Detectives in Hackney are appealing for witnesses following a knife-point robbery.
The victim stepped off the 149 bus in Stamford Hill on Saturday September 1 at around 6.50pm, near the Guinness Trust Estate and realised his Apple iPhone was missing from his coat pocket.
He challenged the suspect and a struggle ensued, resulting in the suspect threatening him with a knife, before the victim retrieved his phone and the suspect ran off.
The suspect is described as a black male, aged 40 to 50 years old, approximately six feet tall, of a slim build, with a wrinkly face.
He was wearing a blue denim shirt and a cap.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to contact DC Edmund Bennett, from Hackney’s robbery squad, on 0207 275 3131, quoting reference 4623622/12, or to call Crimestoppers anonymously.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 3 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 4 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 5 Scenes from Ridley Road Market during lockdown captured by photographer
- 6 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 7 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 8 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 9 £3m Hackney Central station revamp begins
- 10 Twenty-five firefighters put out blaze at a Hackney shop