CCTV image released following knife-point robbery in Hackney
Detectives in Hackney are appealing for witnesses following a knife-point robbery.
The victim stepped off the 149 bus in Stamford Hill on Saturday September 1 at around 6.50pm, near the Guinness Trust Estate and realised his Apple iPhone was missing from his coat pocket.
He challenged the suspect and a struggle ensued, resulting in the suspect threatening him with a knife, before the victim retrieved his phone and the suspect ran off.
The suspect is described as a black male, aged 40 to 50 years old, approximately six feet tall, of a slim build, with a wrinkly face.
He was wearing a blue denim shirt and a cap.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to contact DC Edmund Bennett, from Hackney’s robbery squad, on 0207 275 3131, quoting reference 4623622/12, or to call Crimestoppers anonymously.
- 1 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 2 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 3 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 4 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 5 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 6 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 7 Morning Lane council homes only possible 'if flats are sold' - says mayor
- 8 Parents protest plan to close children's centres in Hackney
- 9 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 10 TV drama of fascism and resistance in Jewish East London