CCTV images released of women who allegedly burgled old people’s home in Hackney
- Credit: Archant
Hackney police have released images of two women they want to trace regarding a burglary from a sheltered housing unit for old people.
The two women were seen pressing the intercom on CCTV to gain access to Ajex House in East Bank, Stoke Newington on Sunday January 26 at around 8pm.
They then spoke to several residents and tried to get into their homes, before entering one flat where they allegedly stole several items including cash and credit cards.
Both suspects are Mediterranean in appearance and between 18-28 years old.
The first was wearing a green jacket over a pink hooded top with the hood up.
You may also want to watch:
The second was wearing a green khaki print jacket, black shoes and white socks.
Anyone with information should contact Det Con Rob Whewell at Stoke Newington Police Station on 0207 275 3412, quoting reference 4602380/14, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 5 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 6 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 7 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 8 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 9 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 10 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction