13-year-old among four arrested after alleged Hackney police officer assault
- Credit: Archant
A 13-year-old child is one of four people who have been charged in connection with the alleged assault of Hackney police officers.
assault of Hackney police officers.
At about 3.30pm on June 10, officers on patrol around Frampton Park Road in Hackney were flagged down because of an alleged assault.
When they spoke to people nearby, an alleged confrontation ensued and more police attended the scene.
A male and female police constable both suffered minor injuries, including cuts and bruises, but did not require hospital treatment.
You may also want to watch:
Footage of an incident circulating social media has now been watched 800,000 times on Twitter.
Four people, three men aged 32, 20 and 34 and a 13-year-old boy, were charged on suspicion of assaulting an emergency worker.
- 1 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 2 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 3 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 7 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 8 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 9 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
They went to Thames Magistrates’ Court on June 12. The three adults will go to Wood Green Crown Court on July 10 and the 13-year-old will attend Youth Court.
Cmdr Barnet said he was “horrified” over the alleged assault: “We have ensured the welfare of the officers and they continue to be supported by their colleagues.”
Anyone with information should call police on 101 with reference Cad 4315/10Jun, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.