Clapton mother suspected of stabbing four-year old daughter
A woman has been detained under the Mental Health Act, after a four-year-old girl was found stabbed to death in Clapton.
Metropolitan Police officers found her body at an address in Clapton on Thursday, after reports of a knife incident shortly after 3pm.
A woman, believed to be the girl’s mother, was arrested on suspicion of murder.
Police said next of kin have been informed, but officers were waiting for formal identification.
A post-mortem examination took place on Saturday at Poplar mortuary in east London.
You may also want to watch:
The Met’s child abuse investigation command is leading the inquiry.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 7 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 8 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 9 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition
- 10 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man