Clapton mother suspected of stabbing four-year old daughter
A woman has been detained under the Mental Health Act, after a four-year-old girl was found stabbed to death in Clapton.
Metropolitan Police officers found her body at an address in Clapton on Thursday, after reports of a knife incident shortly after 3pm.
A woman, believed to be the girl’s mother, was arrested on suspicion of murder.
Police said next of kin have been informed, but officers were waiting for formal identification.
A post-mortem examination took place on Saturday at Poplar mortuary in east London.
You may also want to watch:
The Met’s child abuse investigation command is leading the inquiry.
- 1 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 2 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 3 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 4 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 5 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 6 'Betrayal of Tottenham Hotspur': fans slam European Super League plan
- 7 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 8 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 9 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 10 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta