Police search for witness who helped rape victim
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
Detectives are appealing to find a witness called Sandra, who comforted a teenage girl after she was allegedly raped.
The incident reportedly took place just before 9pm on March 6, when the victim was leaving a block of flats in Edmonton.
A 29-year-old man from Haringey was charged with rape and sexual activity with a child three days later.
The victim went to Fore Street following the incident, and as she waited for police to arrive at a bus stop a woman - who identified herself as Sandra - spoke to her and comforted her.
Once police arrived the woman boarded a 149 bus headed towards Hackney and London Bridge.
Officers have not since been able to trace her but think her evidence could be "crucial" to the case.
'Sandra' is described as, female, black, of medium build, and was wearing a black coat, long red skirt or dress, and carrying a plastic bag.
- 1 Man in 'life-threatening' condition after Hackney shooting
- 2 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 3 Ongoing gas leak after fire and explosion in Shoreditch
- 4 Mogwai added to All Points East after King Gizzard pull out for health reasons
- 5 Hospital trust bucks national trend by recruiting more UK medical staff
- 6 Polio virus found in Hackney as vaccine rollout announced
- 7 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 8 Siegfried: 'An epic of loneliness and self-doubt'
- 9 Apothecary: Japanese-inspired small plates combine with Shoreditch vibes
- 10 Hundreds of children strip searched by Met Police
DC Rebecca Mussington, from the local policing team in Enfield, said: “This woman spoke to and comforted the young girl and we really need to speak to her."
Witnesses or anyone with information are asked to call police on 101 quoting CAD6590/06Mar.