Crack dealer jailed after fleeing police on stolen moped
A CRACK cocaine dealer was jailed for three months on Tuesday after pleading guilty to a string of drug and driving offences.
On November 5, officers chased Carlos Brooks, 20, from Amhurst Road after he sped past on a moped in Dalston Lane, ignoring their indication to pull over.
They pursued him until he jumped off in the front garden of a property in Amhurst Road.
He was arrested for failing to stop and taken to Stoke Newington Police Station.
Cops then discovered that the moped had been fitted with false number plates after being stolen last year.
You may also want to watch:
It has since been returned to its owner.
Brooks’ home was searched and around 25 rocks of crack cocaine were found in his bedroom.
- 1 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 2 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 3 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 4 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 5 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 6 Pastor Morris tribute: 'We don’t know what would have happened to us if it wasn’t for him'
- 7 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 8 All Points East: Radio 6 stage take-over plus more main stage acts
- 9 Hackney this weekend: A Jerk festival, bingo with a twist and more
- 10 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
He was jailed for 90 days, suspended for 12 months for stealing the moped, possession with intent to supply class A drugs, failing to stop for police, driving not in accordance with his licence and driving without insurance.