Cyclist charged following fatal collision with pedestrian in Shoreditch
- Credit: Archant
A cyclist has been charged with causing bodily harm, six months after the death of a pedestrian he rode into.
Kim Briggs was hit by 19-year-old Charlie Alliston as she crossed Old Street outside The Reliance pub in Shoreditch on February 12.
The 44-year-old mother-of-two was taken to hospital and died of a head injury there two weeks later
Mr Alliston was charged yesterday with causing bodily harm by wilful misconduct, contrary to section 35 of the Offences Against The Person Act 1861.
Alliston, of Trothy Road, Bermondsey, appeared at Thames Magistrates’ Court today.
You may also want to watch:
He is due to appear at the Old Bailey on October 12.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 7 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 8 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 9 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 10 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets