Cyclist charged following fatal collision with pedestrian in Shoreditch
- Credit: Archant
A cyclist has been charged with causing bodily harm, six months after the death of a pedestrian he rode into.
Kim Briggs was hit by 19-year-old Charlie Alliston as she crossed Old Street outside The Reliance pub in Shoreditch on February 12.
The 44-year-old mother-of-two was taken to hospital and died of a head injury there two weeks later
Mr Alliston was charged yesterday with causing bodily harm by wilful misconduct, contrary to section 35 of the Offences Against The Person Act 1861.
Alliston, of Trothy Road, Bermondsey, appeared at Thames Magistrates’ Court today.
You may also want to watch:
He is due to appear at the Old Bailey on October 12.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 6 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 7 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 8 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 9 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 10 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition