Dalston car park death: Second man charged with murder of Mehmet Degerli
- Credit: Archant
A second man has been charged with murder following the death of a man who was allegedly attacked in a Dalston car park last Wednesday.
Mustafa Alparslan, 20, of Remington Road, Stoke Newington, was charged on Saturday with the murder of 49-year-old Mehmet Degerli.
He will appear in custody at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court later today.
Huseyin Akkoyun, 46, of no fixed abode appeared at Thames Magistrates’ Court on Saturday charged with the murder of Mehmet Degerli.
He was remanded in custody to appear at the Old Bailey tomorrow.
You may also want to watch:
Mr De?erli, 49, of Stoke Newington, was found collapsed in a small residents’ car park off Sandringham Road at the junction with Cecilia Road at 1.09am last Wednesday.
Paramedics tried to save his life at the scene, but he was pronounced dead a short while later, Scotland Yard said.
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
- 5 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 6 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 7 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 8 Roads, Museum of the Home, Living Wage and child exploitation
- 9 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 10 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff felt his side deserved Barrow victory
Mr De?erli’s car, which was parked in Sandringham Road, had been damaged, and police have appealed for any witnesses to come forward.
Anyone with information is asked to call the incident room on 020 8345 3985 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.