Dalston car park death: Second man charged with murder of Mehmet Degerli
- Credit: Archant
A second man has been charged with murder following the death of a man who was allegedly attacked in a Dalston car park last Wednesday.
Mustafa Alparslan, 20, of Remington Road, Stoke Newington, was charged on Saturday with the murder of 49-year-old Mehmet Degerli.
He will appear in custody at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court later today.
Huseyin Akkoyun, 46, of no fixed abode appeared at Thames Magistrates’ Court on Saturday charged with the murder of Mehmet Degerli.
He was remanded in custody to appear at the Old Bailey tomorrow.
You may also want to watch:
Mr De?erli, 49, of Stoke Newington, was found collapsed in a small residents’ car park off Sandringham Road at the junction with Cecilia Road at 1.09am last Wednesday.
Paramedics tried to save his life at the scene, but he was pronounced dead a short while later, Scotland Yard said.
- 1 Legendary east London graffiti pub to reopen after 26 years
- 2 Hackney Wick bar and restaurant opens with Two More Years to go
- 3 Gone in 60 seconds: Watch as 'keyless' thief steals Hackney car
- 4 Residents report losing sleep over Broadway Market drinkers and idling minicab engines
- 5 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 6 Surgery blunder sees wrong side of 75-year-old patient's thyroid removed
- 7 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 8 Stamford Hill North and Shoreditch hardest hit during Covid waves
- 9 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 10 Britannia Leisure Centre and the changing face of Shoreditch Park
Mr De?erli’s car, which was parked in Sandringham Road, had been damaged, and police have appealed for any witnesses to come forward.
Anyone with information is asked to call the incident room on 020 8345 3985 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.