Dalston car park death: Second man charged with murder of Mehmet Degerli
- Credit: Archant
A second man has been charged with murder following the death of a man who was allegedly attacked in a Dalston car park last Wednesday.
Mustafa Alparslan, 20, of Remington Road, Stoke Newington, was charged on Saturday with the murder of 49-year-old Mehmet Degerli.
He will appear in custody at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court later today.
Huseyin Akkoyun, 46, of no fixed abode appeared at Thames Magistrates’ Court on Saturday charged with the murder of Mehmet Degerli.
He was remanded in custody to appear at the Old Bailey tomorrow.
You may also want to watch:
Mr De?erli, 49, of Stoke Newington, was found collapsed in a small residents’ car park off Sandringham Road at the junction with Cecilia Road at 1.09am last Wednesday.
Paramedics tried to save his life at the scene, but he was pronounced dead a short while later, Scotland Yard said.
- 1 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 2 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 3 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 4 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 5 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 6 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 7 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 8 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 9 Hackney postal voters urged to reapply after cyber-attack
Mr De?erli’s car, which was parked in Sandringham Road, had been damaged, and police have appealed for any witnesses to come forward.
Anyone with information is asked to call the incident room on 020 8345 3985 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.