Man dies after reports of shooting in Dalston
- Credit: PA WIRE
A man died after police were called to Dalston in the early hours of Saturday following reports of a shooting.
Officers found a seriously injured man, believed to be aged in his 30s, in Gillett Square, Dalston, at about 1am.
Despite the efforts of emergency services, the man was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police set up a crime scene and launched an investigation after initially responding to reports of shots fired in the area.
Enquiries are under way to confirm the man’s identity and inform his next of kin.
Officers are also working to establish the exact nature of the man’s injuries. A post-mortem examination will be arranged in due course.
A crime scene remains in place. No arrest has been made at this early stage.
- 1 Woman 'may face life-changing injuries' after Dalston e-scooter crash
- 2 Man arrested over two separate rape allegations - one previously unknown to police
- 3 De Beauvoir mother and son campaign to keep the 21 bus route
- 4 Girl reported missing from Hackney found
- 5 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 6 Drug dealer jailed after being caught with cannabis and cash
- 7 'Deeply shocked and troubled': Reports of rising anti-Semitic crime
- 8 ‘The people of Edmonton will stop this incinerator’ - Protestors promise more action if plan is signed off
- 9 Man's head and hand slashed in Hackney knife attack
- 10 Woman, 31, cleared of murdering man in Hackney
Anyone with information or any witnesses are urged to call 101, reference CAD 412/08may.
To remain anonymous, please contact Crimestoppers.