Man dies after reports of shooting in Dalston
- Credit: PA WIRE
A man died after police were called to Dalston in the early hours of Saturday following reports of a shooting.
Officers found a seriously injured man, believed to be aged in his 30s, in Gillett Square, Dalston, at about 1am.
Despite the efforts of emergency services, the man was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police set up a crime scene and launched an investigation after initially responding to reports of shots fired in the area.
Enquiries are under way to confirm the man’s identity and inform his next of kin.
Officers are also working to establish the exact nature of the man’s injuries. A post-mortem examination will be arranged in due course.
A crime scene remains in place. No arrest has been made at this early stage.
- 1 Boy, 15, charged with attempted murder of woman out riding bike
- 2 Boy charged with 3 offences after series of Hackney Marshes sex assaults
- 3 Police launch probe into Stamford Hill flat blaze
- 4 Boy, 16, in custody after spate of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes
- 5 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 6 Police search for witness who helped rape victim
- 7 Wanted: Suspect sought after series of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes area
- 8 Hackney shooting: Appeal after 'weapons fight' in Lower Clapton
- 9 Met defends Israeli police visit to Hackney
- 10 Census 2021: What has changed in your borough since 2011?
Anyone with information or any witnesses are urged to call 101, reference CAD 412/08may.
To remain anonymous, please contact Crimestoppers.