Man dies after reports of shooting in Dalston
- Credit: PA WIRE
A man died after police were called to Dalston in the early hours of Saturday following reports of a shooting.
Officers found a seriously injured man, believed to be aged in his 30s, in Gillett Square, Dalston, at about 1am.
Despite the efforts of emergency services, the man was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police set up a crime scene and launched an investigation after initially responding to reports of shots fired in the area.
Enquiries are under way to confirm the man’s identity and inform his next of kin.
Officers are also working to establish the exact nature of the man’s injuries. A post-mortem examination will be arranged in due course.
A crime scene remains in place. No arrest has been made at this early stage.
- 1 5 films you may not know where shot in Hackney
- 2 Man loses sight in eye after "attack" outside Hackney chip shop
- 3 Owner of UK's first vegan Indian takeaway: 'I have shaken the entire industry'
- 4 Chatsworth Road trader told to pay up to £455 for licence to sell on land he says is his
- 5 Hackney boxing champion Kirkland Laing dies aged 66
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Woman accused of murdering man in Hackney appears in court
- 8 Delta Covid strain spreads in Hackney with high rates in neighbouring boroughs
- 9 Hackney flat block damaged as 25 firefighters respond to barbecue blaze
- 10 5 great places in north London to watch England's Euro 2020 campaign
Anyone with information or any witnesses are urged to call 101, reference CAD 412/08may.
To remain anonymous, please contact Crimestoppers.