Daniel Frederick: Police believe fatal stabbing in Stoke Newington was case of mistaken identity
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating the murder of 34-year-old Daniel Frederick in Stoke Newington’s Milton Gardens Estate believe it was a case of mistaken identity.
Police found Daniel with stab wounds outside Burns House in Shakspeare Walk just before 6pm on Monday and he died in hospital at 11.45pm.
Officers will this evening revisit the scene one week on to appeal for information. They will be in the area from 4.30pm to 6.30pm.
Det Insp Paul Considine, who is leading the investigation, said: “From the information I have at this time it seems that Daniel may have been mistaken for somebody else.
“He appears to be a completely innocent victim who was walking through the estate when he was subject to an unprovoked attack.
You may also want to watch:
“I urge anyone who was in the area at the time of the incident or knows who is responsible for Daniel’s murder to contact police immediately.”
A post-mortem found Daniel’s death was caused by a stab wound.
- 1 Queens Birthday Honours List 2021: MP Meg Hillier and poet Lemn Sissay among those recognised
- 2 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 3 5 great places in north London to watch England's Euro 2020 campaign
- 4 Woman accused of murdering man in Hackney appears in court
- 5 Diane Abbott to join 'Geffrye Must Fall' protest at museum reopening
- 6 Ridley Road market mask hero helps Hackney people through the pandemic
- 7 The Museum of the Home 'welcomes peaceful protest' over Geffrye statue
- 8 Hackney could lose Dalston ward to Islington under proposed redrawing of electoral map
- 9 Woman charged with murder after Stamford Hill fatal stabbing
- 10 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
Anyone with information can call the incident room on 020 8345 3734 or tweet information to @MetCC. Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
A 26-year-old man who was arrested on suspicion of Daniel’s murder on Wednesday has been released under investigation.