Daniel Frederick: Police believe fatal stabbing in Stoke Newington was case of mistaken identity
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating the murder of 34-year-old Daniel Frederick in Stoke Newington’s Milton Gardens Estate believe it was a case of mistaken identity.
Police found Daniel with stab wounds outside Burns House in Shakspeare Walk just before 6pm on Monday and he died in hospital at 11.45pm.
Officers will this evening revisit the scene one week on to appeal for information. They will be in the area from 4.30pm to 6.30pm.
Det Insp Paul Considine, who is leading the investigation, said: “From the information I have at this time it seems that Daniel may have been mistaken for somebody else.
“He appears to be a completely innocent victim who was walking through the estate when he was subject to an unprovoked attack.
You may also want to watch:
“I urge anyone who was in the area at the time of the incident or knows who is responsible for Daniel’s murder to contact police immediately.”
A post-mortem found Daniel’s death was caused by a stab wound.
- 1 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 2 Hackney remembers Prince Philip after his passing at age 99
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 7 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 8 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 9 "Horrific" extent of River Lea plastic pollution at Hackney Marshes
- 10 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
Anyone with information can call the incident room on 020 8345 3734 or tweet information to @MetCC. Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
A 26-year-old man who was arrested on suspicion of Daniel’s murder on Wednesday has been released under investigation.