Daughter’s appeal to find stolen iPhone with ‘precious’ photos of late mother - last traced to Hackney
- Credit: police
A bereaved daughter is desperately trying to trace a stolen iPhone which had “precious” photos of the last holiday she spent with her late mother - which was last traced to Hackney.
The victim’s handbag was stolen out of her Toyota on December 3 last year as she returned a shopping trolley to B&Q in Tottenham Retail Park.
The phone which was in the bag had great sentimental value, as it belonged to her mother who had - at the time - recently passed away, and contained a library of photos and videos of her.
The victim managed to track the phone’s location to Hackney before it was switched off.
The theft was not captured on CCTV, but police have identified a man they would like to speak to, who they believe can help with their enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
In a statement the victim said: “The iPhone has recorded the last year of my mother’s life, including pictures of our last trip, her on the death bed, as well as her voices and final thoughts she wrote when she was spending her last days in the hospice.
“Loosing precious photos at a time of deep grief has been really, really difficult. I have begged the suspect to return my mother’s phone but he has chosen to ignore the voice messages I have left on the phone since it was taken.
- 1 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 2 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 3 More developers could lodge proposals for Hackney Central site
- 4 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 5 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 6 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 7 Woman battered Hackney Wetherspoons with axe as customers hid inside
- 8 Planet Organic to open in Broadway Market despite thousands of signatures in protest
- 9 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 10 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
“He took something that meant a lot to me. His behaviour is having a huge impact on me, and I have been left upset and emotionally drained.”
The man in the CCTV image is described as male of Turkish or Arab heritage and is approximately 5ft 7ins tall.
Any witnesses or anyone with any information should call 0208 345 0715 or 101.