Daughter’s appeal to find stolen iPhone with ‘precious’ photos of late mother - last traced to Hackney
- Credit: police
A bereaved daughter is desperately trying to trace a stolen iPhone which had “precious” photos of the last holiday she spent with her late mother - which was last traced to Hackney.
The victim’s handbag was stolen out of her Toyota on December 3 last year as she returned a shopping trolley to B&Q in Tottenham Retail Park.
The phone which was in the bag had great sentimental value, as it belonged to her mother who had - at the time - recently passed away, and contained a library of photos and videos of her.
The victim managed to track the phone’s location to Hackney before it was switched off.
The theft was not captured on CCTV, but police have identified a man they would like to speak to, who they believe can help with their enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
In a statement the victim said: “The iPhone has recorded the last year of my mother’s life, including pictures of our last trip, her on the death bed, as well as her voices and final thoughts she wrote when she was spending her last days in the hospice.
“Loosing precious photos at a time of deep grief has been really, really difficult. I have begged the suspect to return my mother’s phone but he has chosen to ignore the voice messages I have left on the phone since it was taken.
- 1 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 2 Hackney remembers Prince Philip after his passing at age 99
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 7 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 8 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 9 "Horrific" extent of River Lea plastic pollution at Hackney Marshes
- 10 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
“He took something that meant a lot to me. His behaviour is having a huge impact on me, and I have been left upset and emotionally drained.”
The man in the CCTV image is described as male of Turkish or Arab heritage and is approximately 5ft 7ins tall.
Any witnesses or anyone with any information should call 0208 345 0715 or 101.