Daughter’s appeal to find stolen iPhone with ‘precious’ photos of late mother - last traced to Hackney
- Credit: police
A bereaved daughter is desperately trying to trace a stolen iPhone which had “precious” photos of the last holiday she spent with her late mother - which was last traced to Hackney.
The victim’s handbag was stolen out of her Toyota on December 3 last year as she returned a shopping trolley to B&Q in Tottenham Retail Park.
The phone which was in the bag had great sentimental value, as it belonged to her mother who had - at the time - recently passed away, and contained a library of photos and videos of her.
The victim managed to track the phone’s location to Hackney before it was switched off.
The theft was not captured on CCTV, but police have identified a man they would like to speak to, who they believe can help with their enquiries.
In a statement the victim said: “The iPhone has recorded the last year of my mother’s life, including pictures of our last trip, her on the death bed, as well as her voices and final thoughts she wrote when she was spending her last days in the hospice.
“Loosing precious photos at a time of deep grief has been really, really difficult. I have begged the suspect to return my mother’s phone but he has chosen to ignore the voice messages I have left on the phone since it was taken.
- 1 Boy, 15, charged with attempted murder of woman out riding bike
- 2 Boy charged with 3 offences after series of Hackney Marshes sex assaults
- 3 Police launch probe into Stamford Hill flat blaze
- 4 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 5 Boy, 16, in custody after spate of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes
- 6 Covid admissions on the rise at north London hospitals
- 7 Series of failures sees Met Police placed under special measures
- 8 Police search for witness who helped rape victim
- 9 Met defends Israeli police visit to Hackney
- 10 Census 2021: What has changed in your borough since 2011?
“He took something that meant a lot to me. His behaviour is having a huge impact on me, and I have been left upset and emotionally drained.”
The man in the CCTV image is described as male of Turkish or Arab heritage and is approximately 5ft 7ins tall.
Any witnesses or anyone with any information should call 0208 345 0715 or 101.