Detectives release description of Stoke Newington shooting suspect
Detectives have issued a description of the suspect in the shooting of a man in Stoke Newington on Thursday night (April 26).
The suspect is described as a black man in his 20s and possibly wearing a dark hooded top.
Police believe the victim, thought to be in his 30s, was shot whilst he was sitting with the suspect and a female passenger in a Silver Nissan Qashqai in Jenner Street. It appears a verbal altercation took place between the two men before the suspect shot the victim once in the torso with a handgun.
The suspect got out of the car and ran off in an unknown direction.
The victim remains in a stable condition at an east London hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Police were called to an east London hospital at around 9.30pm on Thursday after a man turned up with a gunshot wound.
There have been no arrests.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 6 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 7 Newington Green's Meeting House to stream concert series for Mary Wollstonecraft's 262nd Birthday
- 8 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 9 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 10 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
Police are appealing for information from anyone who may have seen these people sat in the car in Jenner Road or anyone who saw the suspect leaving the scene. Contact Operation Trident in confidence on 0208 217 7355 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.