Disabled man dragged out of bed by burglars
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
Two burglars allegedly dragged a disabled man out of his bed, in his home in Lower Clapton, before stealing his cash.
Detectives are appealing for information after the 62-year-old victim, who had previously suffered a stroke, was attacked in his own home in Longford Court, in Pedro Street, Lower Clapton.
The burglary happened between 10pm and 5.30am on Thursday April 9 after the two male suspects got into the man’s property through a window.
They are then said to have dragged him from his bed, assaulted him and searched the room before fleeing, taking cash from the victim’s wallet.
A police spokesman said: “At this early stage the burglary appears to be an isolated incident, however neighbourhood policing officers are conducting patrols in the area and taking steps to ensure that the community is aware.”
You may also want to watch:
On Monday April 13 a 41-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of burglary.
He has been bailed to attend an east London police station in mid-May, pending further enquiries.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 3 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 6 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'
- 9 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 10 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
Police have urged anyone with information to get in touch
If you can help with enquiries call Hackney’s serious acquisitive crime unit on 020 7275 3232 quoting reference: 4608944/15. Or, to remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.