Disabled man dragged out of bed by burglars
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
Two burglars allegedly dragged a disabled man out of his bed, in his home in Lower Clapton, before stealing his cash.
Detectives are appealing for information after the 62-year-old victim, who had previously suffered a stroke, was attacked in his own home in Longford Court, in Pedro Street, Lower Clapton.
The burglary happened between 10pm and 5.30am on Thursday April 9 after the two male suspects got into the man’s property through a window.
They are then said to have dragged him from his bed, assaulted him and searched the room before fleeing, taking cash from the victim’s wallet.
A police spokesman said: “At this early stage the burglary appears to be an isolated incident, however neighbourhood policing officers are conducting patrols in the area and taking steps to ensure that the community is aware.”
You may also want to watch:
On Monday April 13 a 41-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of burglary.
He has been bailed to attend an east London police station in mid-May, pending further enquiries.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 4 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 8 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 9 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web
- 10 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
Police have urged anyone with information to get in touch
If you can help with enquiries call Hackney’s serious acquisitive crime unit on 020 7275 3232 quoting reference: 4608944/15. Or, to remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.