Disruptive crowds lead to Finsbury Park road closure
- Credit: Archant
Roads in Hackney were closed and a woman was arrested after revellers tried to attend a house party on Saturday night.
Police were called at 9.20pm when around 150 people turned up to a party and caused disturbances in Green Lanes, at the junction with Seven Sisters Road.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman said officers were quick to disperse crowds and road closures were put in place to ensure the safety of the large number of people gathered on the street.
The spokesman also confirmed one woman was arrested for assaulting a police officer.
Harv Nagra, 33, a resident from Green Lanes said he initially became alarmed by the number of police cars heading north on the road on Saturday night.
He said: “It became quite noisy outside and it was evident there was a large crowd, and cars were essentially at a standstill outside my window.
“Over the course of about 45 minutes, police created a barricade and started walking the crowd south down Green Lanes, the disturbance lasted quite a while.”
- 1 Guilty: Man lured 2 young girls into garage and sexually abused them
- 2 Patrick Anzy: Three men jailed following Gillett Square murder
- 3 Boy, 15, charged with attempted murder of woman out riding bike
- 4 Call to stop weedkiller use at estate
- 5 Boy charged with 3 offences after series of Hackney Marshes sex assaults
- 6 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 7 Illustrations capture a fresh view of Hackney
- 8 Inside east London's new £30m Olympic-size ice centre
- 9 Hackney woman in court over 'chasing down' BBC journalist at lockdown rally
- 10 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
Mr Nagra confirmed it is not the first time that an unruly disturbance has been caused at the address.
He added: “I’m still not sure what the gathering was about or who organised it, but something similar happened this summer – huge rowdy crowd of teens standing outside with their numbers disrupting traffic.”