Do you recognise this girl? Police seek information after woman critically injured during Hackney riots
Police released an image this week of a girl they suspect of seriously injuring a 75-year-old woman on the night of Hackney’s riots.
The pensioner suffered a broken hip after she was knocked to the ground and is now housebound.
At first it was believed she had been accidentally bundled over by terrified crowds fleeing the violence.
But after studying CCTV footage, police have appealed for information to identify the girl who they describe as black, aged approximately 19 and wearing a light blue tracksuit jacket and black trousers.
Riot police who arrived to move the elderly victim to safety from the junction of Clarence Road and Clapton Square at the time came under a hail of missiles from rioters.
You may also want to watch:
“The girl left her critically injured,” said Det Cons Amy Fuller” I urge anyone who recognises her or witnessed the incident to contact Hackney CID, tel 0207 275 3632 or ring Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, quoting reference number CR4621310/11.
- 1 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 6 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 7 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 10 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers