Do you recognise this girl? Police seek information after woman critically injured during Hackney riots
Police released an image this week of a girl they suspect of seriously injuring a 75-year-old woman on the night of Hackney’s riots.
The pensioner suffered a broken hip after she was knocked to the ground and is now housebound.
At first it was believed she had been accidentally bundled over by terrified crowds fleeing the violence.
But after studying CCTV footage, police have appealed for information to identify the girl who they describe as black, aged approximately 19 and wearing a light blue tracksuit jacket and black trousers.
Riot police who arrived to move the elderly victim to safety from the junction of Clarence Road and Clapton Square at the time came under a hail of missiles from rioters.
You may also want to watch:
“The girl left her critically injured,” said Det Cons Amy Fuller” I urge anyone who recognises her or witnessed the incident to contact Hackney CID, tel 0207 275 3632 or ring Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, quoting reference number CR4621310/11.
- 1 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 4 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 6 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 9 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
- 10 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney