Do you recognise this man? Thug beat victim with bike D-lock for iPhone4
Detectives have released this e-fit of a man suspected of battering a 29-year-old with a bicycle D-lock in a vicious attack to steal his iPhone 4.
The victim, who suffered serious head injuries and bruises to his arm as he tried to protect himself, was assaulted as he walked home after a night out on Saturday, April 14, at about 4.30am.
The suspect had followed him along Kingsland Road, then attacked him after he turned into Cremer Street, Hoxton.
Hackney Police described the suspect as an athletically-built black man, who was about 5ft 10in tall, and had a round forehead and a pointed chin.
He was wearing a dark blue hooded top with wide white drawstrings coming from the hood, black tracksuit bottoms and dark trainers.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call Det Con Charley Clark, of Hackney’s Serious and Acquisitive Crime Squad, on 0207 275 3232, quoting reference CR4609940/12, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 4 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 5 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 6 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill
- 7 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 8 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 9 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images