Do you recognise this man? Thug beat victim with bike D-lock for iPhone4
Detectives have released this e-fit of a man suspected of battering a 29-year-old with a bicycle D-lock in a vicious attack to steal his iPhone 4.
The victim, who suffered serious head injuries and bruises to his arm as he tried to protect himself, was assaulted as he walked home after a night out on Saturday, April 14, at about 4.30am.
The suspect had followed him along Kingsland Road, then attacked him after he turned into Cremer Street, Hoxton.
Hackney Police described the suspect as an athletically-built black man, who was about 5ft 10in tall, and had a round forehead and a pointed chin.
He was wearing a dark blue hooded top with wide white drawstrings coming from the hood, black tracksuit bottoms and dark trainers.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call Det Con Charley Clark, of Hackney’s Serious and Acquisitive Crime Squad, on 0207 275 3232, quoting reference CR4609940/12, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 2 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 5 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 6 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 7 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers
- 8 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 9 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 10 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12