Domestic abuser must tell police when he gets a new girlfriend
- Credit: Archant
A convicted domestic abuser is the first person in England to have to tell police whenever he gets a girlfriend for more than two weeks.
Kylle Godfrey, 30, of Neasden, is serving three years for actual bodily harm, perverting the course of justice and witness intimidation after attacking his partner over several days in October.
And thanks to the work of Hackney police, any new partners of his will be told about his violent and horrific past, which includes smashing his girlfriend’s head off the floor and strangling her.
Det Insp Jane Topping, of the borough’s community safety unit, said the seven-year order would help prevent other women from suffering at the hands of people like him.
“The victim in Godfrey’s case was subjected to a horrendous ordeal by him following a sustained campaign of domestic violence. She has shown incredible bravery in supporting our investigation, and I hope she feels safer now Godfrey is behind bars and will be subject to closer scrutiny.”
You may also want to watch:
Following his arrest Godfrey continued to intimidate the victim and while on bail before his court appearance, he assaulted another woman he was in a relationship with.
Godfrey admitted the charges in February.
- 1 5 great places in north London to watch England's Euro 2020 campaign
- 2 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 3 Queens Birthday Honours List 2021: MP Meg Hillier and poet Lemn Sissay among those recognised
- 4 Woman accused of murdering man in Hackney appears in court
- 5 Hackney could lose Dalston ward to Islington under proposed redrawing of electoral map
- 6 Diane Abbott to join 'Geffrye Must Fall' protest at museum reopening
- 7 Ridley Road market mask hero helps Hackney people through the pandemic
- 8 Woman charged with murder after Stamford Hill fatal stabbing
- 9 Hoxton's new Britannia Leisure Centre to open this month
- 10 The Museum of the Home 'welcomes peaceful protest' over Geffrye statue