Drugs and gangs in Kingsland Road tackled in dawn raids
- Credit: Emma Bartholomew
Drug dealers operating for the most part around Kingsland Road were targeted in a series of dawn raids.
Officers from the Trident gang crime command along with units from Hackney and the Pan London taskforce joined forces to issue warrants at nine addresses in Dalston and Haggerston.
Nine men who the Met police say are all affiliated with gangs, were arrested in the early hours last Thursday morning, mostly for drugs offences including conspiracy to supply crack cocaine and heroin.
Det Insp Yvonne Brown from Trident gang crime command, said: Over the past three months we have carried out numerous raids and arrested more than 150 people.
“We have been working closely with local officers in the London Borough of Hackney targeting organised drug supply and gang related crime.
You may also want to watch:
“Drugs wreck lives, not just the lives of those people who become addicted to them but the communities that they live in. Drugs fuel crime and the misery that comes with it.
“Our message is clear if you’re involved in gang culture, violent crime or drug dealing you can expect a knock at the door and you run the risk of spending a lot of time behind bars.”
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 3 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 4 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 5 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 6 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 7 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 8 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 9 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers
- 10 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
Warrants were executed in Parlkholme Road, Queensbridge Road, Camerton Close, Marsh Court, Dunbar Tower and Waxfield Court, all around Kingsland Road, and Holy Port Road in Fulham.
Anyone with information about gang crime or those involved is urged to call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.