Early hours swoop sees seventh terror suspect arrested in Hackney
A seventh woman has been been arrested in Hackney in connection with a suspected plot to carry out a terrorist attack.
The 22-year-old woman was arrested at an unconfirmed residential address in Hackney in the early hours of Saturday, July 7.
She was arrested on suspicion of the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism under the Terrorism Act 2000, a Met police spokesman said.
She remains in custody at a south east London police station.
Six other arrests were made on Thursday, July 5.
You may also want to watch:
A 20-year old man was arrested in the street in west London, while a 21-year old man and 30-year old woman were arrested at separate residential premises in west London.
Three other men, aged 26, 18 and 24 were arrested at an east London home.
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 3 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 4 Stamford Hill singer says Hackney people helped him on creative path
- 5 Olympic boxer joins fight to make vegetable poverty history in Hackney
- 6 Hackney Half marathon to go ahead amid uncertain Covid restrictions
- 7 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 8 Tributes paid to Hackney sports hero and coach Lloyd Cowan
- 9 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 10 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
All six were arrested on suspicion of the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism under the Terrorism Act 2000 and they also remain in custody at a south east London police station.
Warrants of further detention were granted on Friday July 6, at Westminster Magistrates’ Court, which expire on Thursday, July 12.
It is understood the operation is not linked to the Olympic and Paralympic games.