Early hours swoop sees seventh terror suspect arrested in Hackney
A seventh woman has been been arrested in Hackney in connection with a suspected plot to carry out a terrorist attack.
The 22-year-old woman was arrested at an unconfirmed residential address in Hackney in the early hours of Saturday, July 7.
She was arrested on suspicion of the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism under the Terrorism Act 2000, a Met police spokesman said.
She remains in custody at a south east London police station.
Six other arrests were made on Thursday, July 5.
You may also want to watch:
A 20-year old man was arrested in the street in west London, while a 21-year old man and 30-year old woman were arrested at separate residential premises in west London.
Three other men, aged 26, 18 and 24 were arrested at an east London home.
- 1 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 2 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers
- 3 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 4 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 5 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
- 6 Scouts roll out new early years Squirrels programme across east London
- 7 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 8 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 9 Hackney Wick's Lord Napier pub opens its doors after 26 years
- 10 'Hackney is still building', says mayor on future affordable housing
All six were arrested on suspicion of the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism under the Terrorism Act 2000 and they also remain in custody at a south east London police station.
Warrants of further detention were granted on Friday July 6, at Westminster Magistrates’ Court, which expire on Thursday, July 12.
It is understood the operation is not linked to the Olympic and Paralympic games.