Early hours swoop sees seventh terror suspect arrested in Hackney
A seventh woman has been been arrested in Hackney in connection with a suspected plot to carry out a terrorist attack.
The 22-year-old woman was arrested at an unconfirmed residential address in Hackney in the early hours of Saturday, July 7.
She was arrested on suspicion of the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism under the Terrorism Act 2000, a Met police spokesman said.
She remains in custody at a south east London police station.
Six other arrests were made on Thursday, July 5.
You may also want to watch:
A 20-year old man was arrested in the street in west London, while a 21-year old man and 30-year old woman were arrested at separate residential premises in west London.
Three other men, aged 26, 18 and 24 were arrested at an east London home.
- 1 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 2 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 3 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 7 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 8 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 9 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
- 10 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
All six were arrested on suspicion of the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism under the Terrorism Act 2000 and they also remain in custody at a south east London police station.
Warrants of further detention were granted on Friday July 6, at Westminster Magistrates’ Court, which expire on Thursday, July 12.
It is understood the operation is not linked to the Olympic and Paralympic games.