Early hours swoop sees seventh terror suspect arrested in Hackney
A seventh woman has been been arrested in Hackney in connection with a suspected plot to carry out a terrorist attack.
The 22-year-old woman was arrested at an unconfirmed residential address in Hackney in the early hours of Saturday, July 7.
She was arrested on suspicion of the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism under the Terrorism Act 2000, a Met police spokesman said.
She remains in custody at a south east London police station.
Six other arrests were made on Thursday, July 5.
A 20-year old man was arrested in the street in west London, while a 21-year old man and 30-year old woman were arrested at separate residential premises in west London.
Three other men, aged 26, 18 and 24 were arrested at an east London home.
- 1 Man in 'life-threatening' condition after Hackney shooting
- 2 10 ace tunes for this year's All Points East
- 3 Hackney brain tumour patient mum raises money for hospice
- 4 Polio virus found in Hackney as vaccine rollout announced
- 5 Coldplay at Wembley Stadium: Setlist and photos
- 6 Police appeal for witnesses after Finsbury Park stabbing
- 7 Ongoing gas leak after fire and explosion in Shoreditch
- 8 Jailed: Man who used car as a 'weapon' to evade arrest
- 9 London among areas where drought is declared
- 10 'The grim history of London's water supply'
All six were arrested on suspicion of the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism under the Terrorism Act 2000 and they also remain in custody at a south east London police station.
Warrants of further detention were granted on Friday July 6, at Westminster Magistrates’ Court, which expire on Thursday, July 12.
It is understood the operation is not linked to the Olympic and Paralympic games.