Eight arrested over New Year’s Day Upper Clapton shooting
Victim recovering well after being shot in chest following fight where 10 bullets fired.
A MAN shot in the chest during a New Year’s Eve party in Upper Clapton is recovering in hospital.
The victim, 23, was shot outside the Olympia Eatery in Upper Clapton Road at around 6.20am on January 1.
He was attending a party at the venue when a fight broke out between around 30 people outside and he was shot despite not being involved in the fight.
Police believe around 10 shots were fired during the fight which happened after the party attended by around 150 people.
You may also want to watch:
He was taken to hospital where he was fighting for his life but his condition has now improved and he is now stable.
Eight people, one aged 22, another aged 18, another aged 21, two aged 19 and three aged 20, have been arrested and bailed to return to a north London police station in February.
- 1 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 2 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 6 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 7 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 8 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 9 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 10 Police divers search for man who fell from boat into freezing River Lea
A gun was found in a house in Harrowgate Road, South Hackney, later on but investigations continue as to whether or not it was the weapon used.
Operation Trident is investigating the shooting and calling on anyone with information to contact them in complete confidence on 020 8217 7377 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.