Elderly woman allegedly robbed of diamond watch in Finsbury Park
- Credit: Met Police
A gold-plated diamond-encrusted watch was stolen from an elderly woman as she walked in Finsbury Park, according to police.
Officers are appealing for information about the incident, which they said took place on Tuesday, July 13 between 5:15pm and 5:40pm.
The 73-year-old woman was grabbed on the arm by a man who demanded she give him her watch.
She was approached by the main entrance on the south side of the park near Seven Sisters Road, N4.
Police said the man then ran off with her JBW watch.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect has been described as a Black man, approximately 5ft 11ins, of slim athletic build, wearing a light coloured T-shirt.
PC Carol Charles, from the North Area Basic Command Unit, said the watch was of "high sentimental value" to the owner.
- 1 Vacant Grade I-listed Shoreditch church to be restored and revamped
- 2 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
- 3 £5.75m investment agreed for "historic" Clapton leisure centre
- 4 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 5 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 6 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 7 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72
- 8 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 9 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 10 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
She said: "I would urge anyone who may have witnessed the incident or have seen any reference to the watch being for sale to please get in touch."
Anyone with any information is asked to call police on 101 or tweet @MetCC, quoting CAD 6349/13JUL.
Alternatively, contact the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.