Elderly woman allegedly robbed of diamond watch in Finsbury Park
- Credit: Met Police
A gold-plated diamond-encrusted watch was stolen from an elderly woman as she walked in Finsbury Park, according to police.
Officers are appealing for information about the incident, which they said took place on Tuesday, July 13 between 5:15pm and 5:40pm.
The 73-year-old woman was grabbed on the arm by a man who demanded she give him her watch.
She was approached by the main entrance on the south side of the park near Seven Sisters Road, N4.
Police said the man then ran off with her JBW watch.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect has been described as a Black man, approximately 5ft 11ins, of slim athletic build, wearing a light coloured T-shirt.
PC Carol Charles, from the North Area Basic Command Unit, said the watch was of "high sentimental value" to the owner.
- 1 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 2 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 3 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 4 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 5 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 6 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 7 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 8 Boiling Point: The film shot in one take inside a Hackney restaurant
- 9 Woman battered Hackney Wetherspoons with axe as customers hid inside
- 10 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
She said: "I would urge anyone who may have witnessed the incident or have seen any reference to the watch being for sale to please get in touch."
Anyone with any information is asked to call police on 101 or tweet @MetCC, quoting CAD 6349/13JUL.
Alternatively, contact the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.