Elyon Poku stabbing: Teen becomes eighth person arrested over death of DJ at Stamford Hill birthday party
- Credit: police
A teenager has been arrested on suspicion of murder over the fatal stabbing of Elyon Poku at an 18th birthday party in Stamford Hill.
Elyon, 20, also known as DJ Nanabanger, had been DJing in a garden marquee in Wilderton Road in the early hours of September 22 before he was stabbed.
On Sunday an 18-year-old man was arrested in Stanford by Essex police on behalf of the Met’s murder squad. He has been bailed until early February.
Seven other people who had been arrested over Elyon’s death have all been released under investigation.
Police and medics found Elyon and two other people with serious injuries after being called at 12.50am. Elyon was taken to hospital and died at 4.30am from shock and haemorrhage.
You may also want to watch:
A 17-year-old boy was also stabbed and taken to hospital, while a third person, a 24-year-old man, had a head injury.
Elyon was one of eight men killed in Hackney last year.
- 1 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 2 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 5 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 6 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 9 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
- 10 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction
Detectives from the Met’s Homicide and Major Crime Command are still appealing for information over the incident.
Anyone with information can call 020 8345 3865, quoting CAD 297 of September 22 or by tweeting @MetCC. Alternatively, call To remain Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or visit crimestoppers-uk.org.