Elyon Poku stabbing: Teen becomes eighth person arrested over death of DJ at Stamford Hill birthday party
- Credit: police
A teenager has been arrested on suspicion of murder over the fatal stabbing of Elyon Poku at an 18th birthday party in Stamford Hill.
Elyon, 20, also known as DJ Nanabanger, had been DJing in a garden marquee in Wilderton Road in the early hours of September 22 before he was stabbed.
On Sunday an 18-year-old man was arrested in Stanford by Essex police on behalf of the Met’s murder squad. He has been bailed until early February.
Seven other people who had been arrested over Elyon’s death have all been released under investigation.
Police and medics found Elyon and two other people with serious injuries after being called at 12.50am. Elyon was taken to hospital and died at 4.30am from shock and haemorrhage.
You may also want to watch:
A 17-year-old boy was also stabbed and taken to hospital, while a third person, a 24-year-old man, had a head injury.
Elyon was one of eight men killed in Hackney last year.
- 1 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 2 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 3 Hackney Wick bar and restaurant opens with Two More Years to go
- 4 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 5 Legendary east London graffiti pub to reopen after 26 years
- 6 Stamford Hill North and Shoreditch hardest hit during Covid waves
- 7 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 8 Letter: Facilities needed to make LTNs work
- 9 Call for spare rooms and properties to help homeless people off the streets
- 10 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
Detectives from the Met’s Homicide and Major Crime Command are still appealing for information over the incident.
Anyone with information can call 020 8345 3865, quoting CAD 297 of September 22 or by tweeting @MetCC. Alternatively, call To remain Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or visit crimestoppers-uk.org.