Vanessa James stabbing: Tre Cameron from Hackney charged with murder of Vanessa James
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
A man has been charged with murder after a 24-year-old woman was stabbed to death in Enfield.
Tre Cameron, 21, of Lower Clapton Road was charged yesterday with the murder of a woman at a home in Ponders End on July 20.
He appeared at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court on Thursday and remanded in custody ahead of a hearing on Monday.
The victim has been formally identified as Vanessa James, 24, from Enfield.
A post-mortem examination at Haringey Mortuary gave the provisional cause of her death as stab wounds to the neck and abdomen, Scotland Yard said.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives from the homicide and major crime command are not currently seeking anyone else in connection with their investigation.
- 1 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 2 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 3 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 4 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 5 'Betrayal of Tottenham Hotspur': fans slam European Super League plan
- 6 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 9 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 10 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home