Vanessa James stabbing: Tre Cameron from Hackney charged with murder of Vanessa James
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
A man has been charged with murder after a 24-year-old woman was stabbed to death in Enfield.
Tre Cameron, 21, of Lower Clapton Road was charged yesterday with the murder of a woman at a home in Ponders End on July 20.
He appeared at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court on Thursday and remanded in custody ahead of a hearing on Monday.
The victim has been formally identified as Vanessa James, 24, from Enfield.
A post-mortem examination at Haringey Mortuary gave the provisional cause of her death as stab wounds to the neck and abdomen, Scotland Yard said.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives from the homicide and major crime command are not currently seeking anyone else in connection with their investigation.
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 3 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 4 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Letters: Christchurch Estate, Cllr Burke, Happy Man Tree and CCTV
- 7 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 8 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 9 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 10 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web