Vanessa James stabbing: Tre Cameron from Hackney charged with murder of Vanessa James
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
A man has been charged with murder after a 24-year-old woman was stabbed to death in Enfield.
Tre Cameron, 21, of Lower Clapton Road was charged yesterday with the murder of a woman at a home in Ponders End on July 20.
He appeared at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court on Thursday and remanded in custody ahead of a hearing on Monday.
The victim has been formally identified as Vanessa James, 24, from Enfield.
A post-mortem examination at Haringey Mortuary gave the provisional cause of her death as stab wounds to the neck and abdomen, Scotland Yard said.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives from the homicide and major crime command are not currently seeking anyone else in connection with their investigation.
- 1 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 2 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers
- 3 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 4 Scouts roll out new early years Squirrels programme across east London
- 5 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 6 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 7 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 8 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 9 Hackney Wick's Lord Napier pub opens its doors after 26 years
- 10 'Hackney is still building', says mayor on future affordable housing