Man shot dead in Hackney
- Credit: Google Maps
A man has died after reports of shots fired in Brackenfield Close in Lower Clapton
Police were called at around 11.30pm on Friday, 5 June and found a man in his twenties suffering gunshot injuries.
Despite treatment by London Ambulance Service medics and officers, the man was pronounced dead at the scene.
His next of kin have been informed.
Detectives have launched an investigation and officers are working to establish the full circumstances.
On Saturday morning cordons remained in place at the scene, where a full forensic examination has commenced.
You may also want to watch:
A section 60 has been authorised across Hackney from 12.15am to 3.15pm on Saturday, 6 June, meaning officers can search anyone in the borough.
Any witnesses, or anyone with information, is asked to call police on 101, reference 8894/5June.
To remain anonymous, please contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 2 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 3 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 4 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 7 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 8 Hackney author speaks out against stop and search
- 9 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 10 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back