Man shot dead in Hackney
- Credit: Google Maps
A man has died after reports of shots fired in Brackenfield Close in Lower Clapton
Police were called at around 11.30pm on Friday, 5 June and found a man in his twenties suffering gunshot injuries.
Despite treatment by London Ambulance Service medics and officers, the man was pronounced dead at the scene.
His next of kin have been informed.
Detectives have launched an investigation and officers are working to establish the full circumstances.
On Saturday morning cordons remained in place at the scene, where a full forensic examination has commenced.
You may also want to watch:
A section 60 has been authorised across Hackney from 12.15am to 3.15pm on Saturday, 6 June, meaning officers can search anyone in the borough.
Any witnesses, or anyone with information, is asked to call police on 101, reference 8894/5June.
To remain anonymous, please contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 "Heartless" Joshua White killers jailed for life
- 2 Broken De Beauvoir Estate lift saw man "bump" wife in wheelchair down stairs
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 5 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 6 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 7 Calls for black women's voices to also be heard in light of Sarah Everard death
- 8 Hackney Rabbi campaigns with Idris Elba, Ed Sheeran, Lewis Hamilton and others to Never Forget Stephen Lawrence
- 9 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 10 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover