Man shot dead in Hackney
- Credit: Google Maps
A man has died after reports of shots fired in Brackenfield Close in Lower Clapton
Police were called at around 11.30pm on Friday, 5 June and found a man in his twenties suffering gunshot injuries.
Despite treatment by London Ambulance Service medics and officers, the man was pronounced dead at the scene.
His next of kin have been informed.
Detectives have launched an investigation and officers are working to establish the full circumstances.
On Saturday morning cordons remained in place at the scene, where a full forensic examination has commenced.
You may also want to watch:
A section 60 has been authorised across Hackney from 12.15am to 3.15pm on Saturday, 6 June, meaning officers can search anyone in the borough.
Any witnesses, or anyone with information, is asked to call police on 101, reference 8894/5June.
To remain anonymous, please contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 2 Pastor Morris tribute: 'We don’t know what would have happened to us if it wasn’t for him'
- 3 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
- 4 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 5 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 6 £5.75m investment agreed for "historic" Clapton leisure centre
- 7 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 8 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 9 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 10 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket