Man shot dead in Hackney
- Credit: Google Maps
A man has died after reports of shots fired in Brackenfield Close in Lower Clapton
Police were called at around 11.30pm on Friday, 5 June and found a man in his twenties suffering gunshot injuries.
Despite treatment by London Ambulance Service medics and officers, the man was pronounced dead at the scene.
His next of kin have been informed.
Detectives have launched an investigation and officers are working to establish the full circumstances.
On Saturday morning cordons remained in place at the scene, where a full forensic examination has commenced.
You may also want to watch:
A section 60 has been authorised across Hackney from 12.15am to 3.15pm on Saturday, 6 June, meaning officers can search anyone in the borough.
Any witnesses, or anyone with information, is asked to call police on 101, reference 8894/5June.
To remain anonymous, please contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 2 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 3 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 4 More developers could lodge proposals for Hackney Central site
- 5 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 6 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 7 Woman battered Hackney Wetherspoons with axe as customers hid inside
- 8 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 9 Planet Organic to open in Broadway Market despite thousands of signatures in protest
- 10 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month