Fifth man from Hackney charged with murder of Aarron McKoy
A fifth man has been charged in connection with death of Hackney man Aarron McKoy, who was gunned down in Clerkenwell while celebrating his birthday in the early hours of New Year’s Day.
Osman Mohammed, 22, from Hackney appeared in custody today, via video link, at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court, charged with murder.
Aarron, 22, of no fixed address, was shot in Portpool Lane shortly before 4.10am on January 1.
Police said the killing followed a fight outside the Clerkenwell House Wine Bar in Hatton Wall during which a 24-year-old man was also stabbed.
He was taken to hospital but later discharged.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Mohammed was remanded in custody to appear at the Old Bailey on Monday March 5.
Four other men are currently remanded in custody to next appear for a plea and case management hearing (PCMH) at the Old Bailey on April 13.
- 1 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 2 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 3 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 4 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 5 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 6 All Points East: Radio 6 stage take-over plus more main stage acts
- 7 Hackney this weekend: A Jerk festival, bingo with a twist and more
- 8 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 9 Pastor Morris tribute: 'We don’t know what would have happened to us if it wasn’t for him'
- 10 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
Perrie Dennis, 22, from Islington, and Ceon Hewitt, 21, from Wickford in Essex, are both charged with murder.
Alongside them will be Jack Nichols, 20, of Wickford, Essex, and Dean Smith, 25, of Lordship Road, Stoke Newington, both charged with murder and possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life.
On January 2, a 22-year-old was arrested in connection with the murder and was released on bail to return to police at a later date.