Final moments of tragic Canonbury teen gunned down in Clapton to be recreated on TV tonight
- Credit: Archant
The final moments of a teenage Nigerian prince whose life was tragically cut short in February will be recreated on TV tonight.
The BBC’s Crimewatch programme will show how Joseph Burke-Monerville, 19, of Canonbury Square, Islington, was shot dead while sitting in a parked car with his twin and older brothers in Hindrey Road, Clapton on February 16.
Police are now offering a £20,000 to anyone who gives them information the helps them catch the killers.
Officers were called after he and his elder brother David, 32, were shot while sitting in the car.
They were both taken to hospital by the London Ambulance Service, but Joseph was pronounced dead at shortly after 11pm. A post-mortem gave cause of death as a gunshot wound to the head.
You may also want to watch:
His brother David was taken to Royal London Hospital for treatment to a gunshot wound to the arm and was subsequently discharged.
His twin brother Jonathan, aged 19, also in the vehicle, was not seriously injured according to his family.
- 1 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 6 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 9 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
Police are appealing for information on two suspects seen running from the scene.
The first is described as black, and the second is described as light-skinned - possibly of Asian or Turkish appearance. They were wearing dark hooded tops, with bandanas covering their faces.
They were both seen making off on foot from Hindrey Road, Clapton after the shooting, through the Pembury estate via Pembury Road and on towards Hackney Downs.
On May 2, an 18-year-old male and a 19-year-old male were arrested on suspicion of murder. Later that day a 25-year-old male was also arrested at an address in north London on suspicion of murder. On May 9, a 17-year-old male and a 19-year-old male were arrested on suspicion of murder. On May 10, a 24-year-old male was arrested on suspicion of murder.
They were all taken to a north London police station and later bailed to return in late July pending further inquiries.
Any witnesses or anyone with information can call the incident room on 020 8345 3985. If you wish to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.