Finsbury Park Samsung Galaxy knifepoint phone robbers jailed
- Credit: Archant
A man who brandished a six-inch blade as he robbed a man of his Samsung Galaxy phone in Queen’s Drive, Finsbury Park, and his partner in crime, have been jailed for robbery.
The victim, a 28-year old man, had dropped a friend off in Queen’s Drive in Finsbury Park, and was walking along the road talking to his wife just before midnight on November 15 last year.
Lisa Barratt approached him, asking him to help her find an address, and moments later her partner Bryan Hart appeared with a knife.
He ordered the victim to hand over his phone and the couple fled.
The victim went to his friend’s home and used the anti-theft phone application, Cerberus, to search for the thieves.
You may also want to watch:
One search showed the handset was just four metres away from a nearby hostel in Lennox Road, but a police search of the hostel later that night didn’t find any leads.
The signal then went dead, indicating the phone had been switched off or the date had been wiped.
- 1 Hackney had worst knife crime rate in London, report finds
- 2 Dalston revealed as Hackney's top hotspot for weapons offences
- 3 'I think religion is a way for people to live meaningfully together': New Rabbi embraces Stoke Newington
- 4 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this Halloween weekend
- 7 Hackney sees house prices boom by more than 108 per cent over ten years
- 8 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 9 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 10 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
CCTV images of the robbery showed a white female wearing white trousers and the figure of a black man.
Five days after the incident, officers made further enquiries at the hostel and found Hart and Barratt in a room together, and a search of the room uncovered a pair of white trousers in a cupboard.
Both suspects were arrested and charged with robbery.
On Tuesday May 14 both Bryan Hart, 40 and Lisa Barratt, 40, both of Lennox Road, Finsbury Park were sentenced to four years imprisonment for robbery.
DC Dave Crewe, from Hackney’s robbery unit, said: “This is a great result and I can only hope these long jail sentences will deter others from committing a similar crime.”