Finsbury Park toddler death: Bidhya Sagar Das appears at Old Bailey on murder charge
- Credit: Archant
A dad accused of murdering his one-year-old boy and trying to kill his twin sister at their Finsbury Park home appeared at the Old Bailey today.
Bidhya Sagar Das, 33, allegedly attacked the toddlers at a flat in Wilberforce Road on Saturday night.
The boy, Gabriel Bibekdas Sonu, died in the early hours of Sunday morning and the little girl is still fighting for her life in hospital.
Das, of Wilberforce Road, was charged with murder and attempted murder of his children on Tuesday.
He appeared before Judge Nicholas Hilliard at the Old Bailey today and spoke only to confirm his name with the help of a Bengali interpreter.
You may also want to watch:
The judge set a plea hearing for June 8 before a provisional trial starting on September 11.
Das, wearing a dark sweatshirt, was remanded into custody.
- 1 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 2 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
- 3 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 4 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 5 Hackney's field-to-fork cooking school opens in Lower Clapton
- 6 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers
- 7 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 8 Stoke Newington eatery voted favourite café by Gazette readers
- 9 'It’s scandalous': Hackney LTN's £4m in fines in 18 months
- 10 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust