Finsbury Park toddler death: Bidhya Sagar Das appears at Old Bailey on murder charge
- Credit: Archant
A dad accused of murdering his one-year-old boy and trying to kill his twin sister at their Finsbury Park home appeared at the Old Bailey today.
Bidhya Sagar Das, 33, allegedly attacked the toddlers at a flat in Wilberforce Road on Saturday night.
The boy, Gabriel Bibekdas Sonu, died in the early hours of Sunday morning and the little girl is still fighting for her life in hospital.
Das, of Wilberforce Road, was charged with murder and attempted murder of his children on Tuesday.
He appeared before Judge Nicholas Hilliard at the Old Bailey today and spoke only to confirm his name with the help of a Bengali interpreter.
You may also want to watch:
The judge set a plea hearing for June 8 before a provisional trial starting on September 11.
Das, wearing a dark sweatshirt, was remanded into custody.
- 1 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 2 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 3 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 4 'Betrayal of Tottenham Hotspur': fans slam European Super League plan
- 5 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 6 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 7 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 8 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 9 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 10 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton