Finsbury Park toddler death: Bidhya Sagar Das appears at Old Bailey on murder charge
- Credit: Archant
A dad accused of murdering his one-year-old boy and trying to kill his twin sister at their Finsbury Park home appeared at the Old Bailey today.
Bidhya Sagar Das, 33, allegedly attacked the toddlers at a flat in Wilberforce Road on Saturday night.
The boy, Gabriel Bibekdas Sonu, died in the early hours of Sunday morning and the little girl is still fighting for her life in hospital.
Das, of Wilberforce Road, was charged with murder and attempted murder of his children on Tuesday.
He appeared before Judge Nicholas Hilliard at the Old Bailey today and spoke only to confirm his name with the help of a Bengali interpreter.
You may also want to watch:
The judge set a plea hearing for June 8 before a provisional trial starting on September 11.
Das, wearing a dark sweatshirt, was remanded into custody.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 4 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 5 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 8 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 9 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 10 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service