Finsbury Park toddler death: Bidhya Sagar Das appears at Old Bailey on murder charge
- Credit: Archant
A dad accused of murdering his one-year-old boy and trying to kill his twin sister at their Finsbury Park home appeared at the Old Bailey today.
Bidhya Sagar Das, 33, allegedly attacked the toddlers at a flat in Wilberforce Road on Saturday night.
The boy, Gabriel Bibekdas Sonu, died in the early hours of Sunday morning and the little girl is still fighting for her life in hospital.
Das, of Wilberforce Road, was charged with murder and attempted murder of his children on Tuesday.
He appeared before Judge Nicholas Hilliard at the Old Bailey today and spoke only to confirm his name with the help of a Bengali interpreter.
You may also want to watch:
The judge set a plea hearing for June 8 before a provisional trial starting on September 11.
Das, wearing a dark sweatshirt, was remanded into custody.
- 1 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 2 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 3 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 7 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 8 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 9 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 10 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school