Hackney kids filmed throwing fireworks in street
- Credit: Archant
A gang of youths have been caught on camera lobbing fireworks in the streets of Hackney.
The clip posted on Twitter by the Jewish neighbourhood volunteer patrol group Shomrim appears to show a group of young men throwing bangers into the street outside a block of flats in Springfield, Lower Clapton.
The lit fireworks bounce off a car and explode close to the flats before the youths are seen running away.
Shulem Stern from Stamford Hill Shomrim told the Gazette: “Every year there are incidents of youths directing fireworks at innocent pedestrians, and this year is no exception.
“It is extremely dangerous. More needs to be done by police and by the courts to arrest, prosecute and punish both the ones who direct the fireworks, endangering innocent victims, and also shops that sell fireworks to underage youths.”
You may also want to watch:
London Ambulance Service paramedic manager, Stephen Hines, said on Twitter: “This sort of behaviour is NEVER acceptable. #fireworks are incredibly dangerous, & could maim or kill.”
- 1 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 2 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 3 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 5 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 6 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 7 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 8 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 9 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 10 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction