Hackney kids filmed throwing fireworks in street
- Credit: Archant
A gang of youths have been caught on camera lobbing fireworks in the streets of Hackney.
The clip posted on Twitter by the Jewish neighbourhood volunteer patrol group Shomrim appears to show a group of young men throwing bangers into the street outside a block of flats in Springfield, Lower Clapton.
The lit fireworks bounce off a car and explode close to the flats before the youths are seen running away.
Shulem Stern from Stamford Hill Shomrim told the Gazette: “Every year there are incidents of youths directing fireworks at innocent pedestrians, and this year is no exception.
“It is extremely dangerous. More needs to be done by police and by the courts to arrest, prosecute and punish both the ones who direct the fireworks, endangering innocent victims, and also shops that sell fireworks to underage youths.”
You may also want to watch:
London Ambulance Service paramedic manager, Stephen Hines, said on Twitter: “This sort of behaviour is NEVER acceptable. #fireworks are incredibly dangerous, & could maim or kill.”
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 4 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 5 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 6 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 7 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 8 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 9 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 10 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition