Hackney kids filmed throwing fireworks in street
- Credit: Archant
A gang of youths have been caught on camera lobbing fireworks in the streets of Hackney.
The clip posted on Twitter by the Jewish neighbourhood volunteer patrol group Shomrim appears to show a group of young men throwing bangers into the street outside a block of flats in Springfield, Lower Clapton.
The lit fireworks bounce off a car and explode close to the flats before the youths are seen running away.
Shulem Stern from Stamford Hill Shomrim told the Gazette: “Every year there are incidents of youths directing fireworks at innocent pedestrians, and this year is no exception.
“It is extremely dangerous. More needs to be done by police and by the courts to arrest, prosecute and punish both the ones who direct the fireworks, endangering innocent victims, and also shops that sell fireworks to underage youths.”
You may also want to watch:
London Ambulance Service paramedic manager, Stephen Hines, said on Twitter: “This sort of behaviour is NEVER acceptable. #fireworks are incredibly dangerous, & could maim or kill.”
- 1 Hackney man, 22, died struggling to breathe in prison cell for eight minutes
- 2 Stats show rate of rise in Covid rates locally
- 3 Man attacked with metal pole in Clapton
- 4 Study asks: why are canals and rivers a watery lifeline during pandemic?
- 5 Dalston revealed as Hackney's top hotspot for weapons offences
- 6 Hackney had worst knife crime rate in London, report finds
- 7 De Beauvoir residents to vote on estate regeneration in planning policy dry run
- 8 Hackney sees house prices boom by more than 108 per cent over ten years
- 9 I’m terrible at golf. Can a Shoreditch centre help me improve?
- 10 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney