Football star accused of part in gang rape
- Credit: EMPICS Sport
An Oldham Athletic football star allegedly took part in a gang rape attack with his two friends after a night out clubbing.
Oldham Athletic midfielder Christian Montano, 22, and Andres Hurtado, 23, and Camilo Valencia, 22, from Hackney, attacked the woman in an apartment in Romford as she pleaded with them to stop, it is claimed.
The woman allegedly woke up naked with the former West Ham player Montano having sex on top of her while his friends watched.
Hurtado, of Pemberton Gardens, Upper Holloway, then pulled his trousers down and had sex with her, jurors at Snaresbrook Crown Court heard.
You may also want to watch:
Afterwards when she tried to get up from the bed she could not move, and an already undressed Valencia, from Woolridge Way, South Hackney, got on top of her to humiliate her further.
The victim claims she repeatedly told the men to stop and to get off her but she was overpowered and repeatedly raped.
- 1 Legendary east London graffiti pub to reopen after 26 years
- 2 Hackney Wick bar and restaurant opens with Two More Years to go
- 3 Gone in 60 seconds: Watch as 'keyless' thief steals Hackney car
- 4 Residents report losing sleep over Broadway Market drinkers and idling minicab engines
- 5 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 6 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 7 Surgery blunder sees wrong side of 75-year-old patient's thyroid removed
- 8 Stamford Hill North and Shoreditch hardest hit during Covid waves
- 9 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 10 Britannia Leisure Centre and the changing face of Shoreditch Park
The woman met the Colombian-born footballer on a night-out with friends in Romford nightclub Liquid, and remembers leaving the club with them before losing her friend.
The next thing she knew she was naked in bed with Montano on top of her.
Giving evidence via video, the victim, who cannot be named for legal reasons, said: “I don’t remember how I got there or taking my clothes off – I didn’t know where I was and I hadn’t been there before.”
The three men called her a cab and she returned to a friend’s house. She recalled: “They were saying to me like, “Don’t worry it’s not your fault,” trying to act like I wanted it to happen and I consented.”
Montano, of Caspian Road, Moston, Greater Manchester, along with Valencia and Hurtado, all deny rape.
The trial continues.