Football star accused of part in gang rape
- Credit: EMPICS Sport
An Oldham Athletic football star allegedly took part in a gang rape attack with his two friends after a night out clubbing.
Oldham Athletic midfielder Christian Montano, 22, and Andres Hurtado, 23, and Camilo Valencia, 22, from Hackney, attacked the woman in an apartment in Romford as she pleaded with them to stop, it is claimed.
The woman allegedly woke up naked with the former West Ham player Montano having sex on top of her while his friends watched.
Hurtado, of Pemberton Gardens, Upper Holloway, then pulled his trousers down and had sex with her, jurors at Snaresbrook Crown Court heard.
Afterwards when she tried to get up from the bed she could not move, and an already undressed Valencia, from Woolridge Way, South Hackney, got on top of her to humiliate her further.
The victim claims she repeatedly told the men to stop and to get off her but she was overpowered and repeatedly raped.
- 1 Boy, 15, charged with attempted murder of woman out riding bike
- 2 Boy charged with 3 offences after series of Hackney Marshes sex assaults
- 3 Police launch probe into Stamford Hill flat blaze
- 4 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 5 Boy, 16, in custody after spate of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes
- 6 Covid admissions on the rise at north London hospitals
- 7 Series of failures sees Met Police placed under special measures
- 8 Met defends Israeli police visit to Hackney
- 9 Police search for witness who helped rape victim
- 10 Census 2021: What has changed in your borough since 2011?
The woman met the Colombian-born footballer on a night-out with friends in Romford nightclub Liquid, and remembers leaving the club with them before losing her friend.
The next thing she knew she was naked in bed with Montano on top of her.
Giving evidence via video, the victim, who cannot be named for legal reasons, said: “I don’t remember how I got there or taking my clothes off – I didn’t know where I was and I hadn’t been there before.”
The three men called her a cab and she returned to a friend’s house. She recalled: “They were saying to me like, “Don’t worry it’s not your fault,” trying to act like I wanted it to happen and I consented.”
Montano, of Caspian Road, Moston, Greater Manchester, along with Valencia and Hurtado, all deny rape.
The trial continues.