Football star accused of part in gang rape
- Credit: EMPICS Sport
An Oldham Athletic football star allegedly took part in a gang rape attack with his two friends after a night out clubbing.
Oldham Athletic midfielder Christian Montano, 22, and Andres Hurtado, 23, and Camilo Valencia, 22, from Hackney, attacked the woman in an apartment in Romford as she pleaded with them to stop, it is claimed.
The woman allegedly woke up naked with the former West Ham player Montano having sex on top of her while his friends watched.
Hurtado, of Pemberton Gardens, Upper Holloway, then pulled his trousers down and had sex with her, jurors at Snaresbrook Crown Court heard.
You may also want to watch:
Afterwards when she tried to get up from the bed she could not move, and an already undressed Valencia, from Woolridge Way, South Hackney, got on top of her to humiliate her further.
The victim claims she repeatedly told the men to stop and to get off her but she was overpowered and repeatedly raped.
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 2 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 3 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Roads, Museum of the Home, Living Wage and child exploitation
- 6 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 7 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 8 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 9 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 10 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
The woman met the Colombian-born footballer on a night-out with friends in Romford nightclub Liquid, and remembers leaving the club with them before losing her friend.
The next thing she knew she was naked in bed with Montano on top of her.
Giving evidence via video, the victim, who cannot be named for legal reasons, said: “I don’t remember how I got there or taking my clothes off – I didn’t know where I was and I hadn’t been there before.”
The three men called her a cab and she returned to a friend’s house. She recalled: “They were saying to me like, “Don’t worry it’s not your fault,” trying to act like I wanted it to happen and I consented.”
Montano, of Caspian Road, Moston, Greater Manchester, along with Valencia and Hurtado, all deny rape.
The trial continues.