Fourth teen charged with murder following Hackney stabbing
- Credit: Archant
A fourth teenager has been charged with murder following the stabbing of 17-year old Jeremie Malenge in Homerton.
The 17-year-old boy appeared at Stratford Youth Court on Friday and was next due to appear in custody at the Old Bailey today.
A 17-year-old girl and a 14-year old boy from Hackney, and a 17-year-old boy from Redbridge have already been charged with murder.
They will appear in custody at the Old Bailey for a plea and case management hearing on April 1.
Jeremie Malenge was stabbed to death in Ponsford Street at 11.40pm, following an altercation with three or four male youths in a shop in Homerton High Street, police investigators believe.
You may also want to watch:
It is understood that Jeremie, from Arcola Street, Hackney, was questioned by police less than an hour before he was killed, and the Independent Police Complaints Commission is investigating the Met’s prior contact with the victim.
Jeremie was a former pupil of the Petchey Academy in Shacklewell Lane.
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 6 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 7 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 8 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 9 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
- 10 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared