Fourth teen charged with murder following Hackney stabbing
- Credit: Archant
A fourth teenager has been charged with murder following the stabbing of 17-year old Jeremie Malenge in Homerton.
The 17-year-old boy appeared at Stratford Youth Court on Friday and was next due to appear in custody at the Old Bailey today.
A 17-year-old girl and a 14-year old boy from Hackney, and a 17-year-old boy from Redbridge have already been charged with murder.
They will appear in custody at the Old Bailey for a plea and case management hearing on April 1.
Jeremie Malenge was stabbed to death in Ponsford Street at 11.40pm, following an altercation with three or four male youths in a shop in Homerton High Street, police investigators believe.
You may also want to watch:
It is understood that Jeremie, from Arcola Street, Hackney, was questioned by police less than an hour before he was killed, and the Independent Police Complaints Commission is investigating the Met’s prior contact with the victim.
Jeremie was a former pupil of the Petchey Academy in Shacklewell Lane.
- 1 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Hackney remembers Prince Philip after his passing at age 99
- 4 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 7 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 8 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 9 "Horrific" extent of River Lea plastic pollution at Hackney Marshes
- 10 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school