Fourth teen charged with murder following Hackney stabbing
- Credit: Archant
A fourth teenager has been charged with murder following the stabbing of 17-year old Jeremie Malenge in Homerton.
The 17-year-old boy appeared at Stratford Youth Court on Friday and was next due to appear in custody at the Old Bailey today.
A 17-year-old girl and a 14-year old boy from Hackney, and a 17-year-old boy from Redbridge have already been charged with murder.
They will appear in custody at the Old Bailey for a plea and case management hearing on April 1.
Jeremie Malenge was stabbed to death in Ponsford Street at 11.40pm, following an altercation with three or four male youths in a shop in Homerton High Street, police investigators believe.
You may also want to watch:
It is understood that Jeremie, from Arcola Street, Hackney, was questioned by police less than an hour before he was killed, and the Independent Police Complaints Commission is investigating the Met’s prior contact with the victim.
Jeremie was a former pupil of the Petchey Academy in Shacklewell Lane.
- 1 Queens Birthday Honours List 2021: MP Meg Hillier and poet Lemn Sissay among those recognised
- 2 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 3 Woman accused of murdering man in Hackney appears in court
- 4 5 great places in north London to watch England's Euro 2020 campaign
- 5 Diane Abbott to join 'Geffrye Must Fall' protest at museum reopening
- 6 Hackney could lose Dalston ward to Islington under proposed redrawing of electoral map
- 7 The Museum of the Home 'welcomes peaceful protest' over Geffrye statue
- 8 Woman charged with murder after Stamford Hill fatal stabbing
- 9 Ridley Road market mask hero helps Hackney people through the pandemic
- 10 Hoxton's new Britannia Leisure Centre to open this month