Gang police investigating shooting in Lower Clapton
- Credit: Archant
Gang police are investigating a shooting in Lower Clapton that left two people in hospital last night.
Armed police were called to Chatsworth Road at 12.55am after reports of gunfire.
Two people, a man and a woman in their 30s, suffered "minor injuries" and were taken to hospital for treatment.
No arrests have been made.
A crime scene has been in place in the road today and officers from Trident, the Met's gang squad, are leading the investigation.
You may also want to watch:
Following the shooting police authorised a Section 60 order for the whole borough until 2am on Friday morning. It gives officers additional powers to stop and search people.
Anyone with information or footage of the incident can contact police on 101 quoting CAD 301/23JAN20.
- 1 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 2 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 3 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 4 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 5 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 6 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 7 All Points East: Radio 6 stage take-over plus more main stage acts
- 8 Hackney this weekend: A Jerk festival, bingo with a twist and more
- 9 Pastor Morris tribute: 'We don’t know what would have happened to us if it wasn’t for him'
- 10 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
Alternatively, call independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.