Gang police investigating shooting in Lower Clapton
- Credit: Archant
Gang police are investigating a shooting in Lower Clapton that left two people in hospital last night.
Armed police were called to Chatsworth Road at 12.55am after reports of gunfire.
Two people, a man and a woman in their 30s, suffered "minor injuries" and were taken to hospital for treatment.
No arrests have been made.
A crime scene has been in place in the road today and officers from Trident, the Met's gang squad, are leading the investigation.
Following the shooting police authorised a Section 60 order for the whole borough until 2am on Friday morning. It gives officers additional powers to stop and search people.
Anyone with information or footage of the incident can contact police on 101 quoting CAD 301/23JAN20.
- 1 All you need to know about Hackney Half and Hackney Moves
- 2 Travel bulletin: Islington, Hackney, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 3 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 4 Two teenagers charged after 12 phones nicked in stealing spree
- 5 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 6 By-election after Hackney Labour councillor resigns
- 7 Demolition begins to make way for Hoxton homes
- 8 Speeding driver who killed elderly man in hit and run found guilty
- 9 Kids join police as 20 speed tickets given out
- 10 Three men convicted for Dalston shooting
Alternatively, call independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.