Gang police investigating shooting in Lower Clapton
- Credit: Archant
Gang police are investigating a shooting in Lower Clapton that left two people in hospital last night.
Armed police were called to Chatsworth Road at 12.55am after reports of gunfire.
Two people, a man and a woman in their 30s, suffered "minor injuries" and were taken to hospital for treatment.
No arrests have been made.
A crime scene has been in place in the road today and officers from Trident, the Met's gang squad, are leading the investigation.
You may also want to watch:
Following the shooting police authorised a Section 60 order for the whole borough until 2am on Friday morning. It gives officers additional powers to stop and search people.
Anyone with information or footage of the incident can contact police on 101 quoting CAD 301/23JAN20.
- 1 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 4 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 5 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 6 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 7 Morning Lane council homes only possible 'if flats are sold' - says mayor
- 8 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 9 Parents protest plan to close children's centres in Hackney
- 10 TV drama of fascism and resistance in Jewish East London
Alternatively, call independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.