Gang police investigating shooting in Lower Clapton
- Credit: Archant
Gang police are investigating a shooting in Lower Clapton that left two people in hospital last night.
Armed police were called to Chatsworth Road at 12.55am after reports of gunfire.
Two people, a man and a woman in their 30s, suffered "minor injuries" and were taken to hospital for treatment.
No arrests have been made.
A crime scene has been in place in the road today and officers from Trident, the Met's gang squad, are leading the investigation.
You may also want to watch:
Following the shooting police authorised a Section 60 order for the whole borough until 2am on Friday morning. It gives officers additional powers to stop and search people.
Anyone with information or footage of the incident can contact police on 101 quoting CAD 301/23JAN20.
- 1 'The pressure is intense': Hoxton vegan chef competes in Great British Menu
- 2 London Fields: Woman's cheekbone fractured in broad daylight attack
- 3 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street forces Moorfields Eye Hospital to close
- 4 What can open in Hackney when lockdown rules ease on May 17?
- 5 All you need to know about the Hackney by-elections on May 6
- 6 Hackney New School to complain to Ofcom over damning ITV report
- 7 London Assembly election 2021: Meet the north east candidates
- 8 Anti-LTN independent candidates deny creating new political party
- 9 Doctors 'concerned' patients' health will suffer due to non-Covid backlog
- 10 £20,000 reward for information on Stoke Newington murder
Alternatively, call independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.