Gang police investigating shooting in Lower Clapton
- Credit: Archant
Gang police are investigating a shooting in Lower Clapton that left two people in hospital last night.
Armed police were called to Chatsworth Road at 12.55am after reports of gunfire.
Two people, a man and a woman in their 30s, suffered "minor injuries" and were taken to hospital for treatment.
No arrests have been made.
A crime scene has been in place in the road today and officers from Trident, the Met's gang squad, are leading the investigation.
You may also want to watch:
Following the shooting police authorised a Section 60 order for the whole borough until 2am on Friday morning. It gives officers additional powers to stop and search people.
Anyone with information or footage of the incident can contact police on 101 quoting CAD 301/23JAN20.
- 1 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 2 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 3 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 4 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 5 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 6 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 7 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 8 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 9 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
- 10 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
Alternatively, call independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.