Gang police called in as sword, gun and golf club seized after street brawl in Chatsworth Road
- Credit: Archant
A sword, a gun and a golf club were all seized by police after a group of teens brawled in the street last night in Homerton.
Cops were called to Chatsworth Road by neighbours at 12.35am.
When they arrived the youngsters made off carrying weapons and were chased by officers who were able to recover a host of things including the sword, gun and golf club.
Clifden Road was this morning taped off between Chatsworth Road and Glyn Road while gang police investigated what happened. People living in the area were being asked what they saw and to give their details.
One neighbour told the Gazette he walked past a group of teens enjoying a barbecue off Brooksby’s Wallk early in the evening, but on his way home at 10pm police were on scene.
You may also want to watch:
“There were small groups of teens piling out onto Chatsworth Road listening to music and enjoying the barbecue,” said the 31-year-old. “But within a few hours police were there questioning individuals as music blared out from a sound system. It wasn’t clear what had happened but things had clearly taken a turn. It was a shame because they seemed to be having such a laugh earlier in the evening.”
No one is believed to have been injured in the fight.
- 1 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 2 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 3 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 4 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 5 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 6 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 7 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 8 Met Office yellow warning for rain in London this weekend
- 9 The "milkmen for beer" now deliver in Hackney
- 10 Charity puts on community feasts to tackle food waste
A 16-year-old boy was arrested on suspicion of possession of a firearm and is in custody.
Anyone with information can call Trident and Area Command on 101, or via @MetCC. To remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.