Gang slashes 15-year old’s face in Hackney
- Credit: Archant
A 15-year old boy stabbed in the face by a group of armed young men in Hackney is still seriously ill in hospital one week on.
Detectives from the Trident Gang Crime Command are appealing for witnesses to come forward following the incident on Friday April 4.
The teenager was found with serious stab injuries to his face in Amhurst Road, Stoke Newington just after 6pm after being attacked by a group of young men armed with knives outside Chicken Club at the junction with Shacklewell Lane.
He remains in a serious but stable condition in hospital.
Det Sgt Wayne Jolley said: “We are appealing to anyone who was in the area at the time and may have seen what happened.
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to reassure any potential witnesses who may be worried about making contact with police that Trident has extensive expertise in protecting witnesses and there are a range of measures that can be taken to protect you.”
Anyone with information should call Trident on 0208 217 7366 or to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers 0800 555 111.
- 1 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 4 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 6 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 9 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
- 10 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction