Gemma McCluskie: Arm believed to belong to killed EastEnders actress found in Regent’s Canal
An arm believed to belong to killed EastEnders actress Gemma McCluskie has been found in the same East End canal where her torso was found.
The arm was spotted yesterday by a member of British Waterways close to the same location of Regent’s Canals where her headless and limbless torso was discovered earlier this month.
A police spokeswoman said: “Were were called at 09:35am yesterday to reports of an arm found in the Regents Canal in Hackney.
“Officers attended and recovered the limb close to the Broadway Market stretch of the canal.
“We await further tests to determine identity, but at this stage it is believed to be connected to Gemma McCluskie.”
You may also want to watch:
Police divers are also continuing to search the area for more body parts.
The actress’ torso was discovered about a week after she went missing from her home in Bethnal Green which she shared with her mother Pauline and brother Tony.
- 1 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 4 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 6 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 9 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
- 10 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
Her 35-year-old brother Tony McCluskie, of Pelter Street, has been charged with her murder and is due to appear at the Old Bailey for a plea and management hearing in June. He is currently in custody.
Miss McCluskie appeared as Kerry Skinner in 30 episodes of EastEnders back in 2000-2001.