Gemma McCluskie: Arm believed to belong to killed EastEnders actress found in Regent’s Canal
An arm believed to belong to killed EastEnders actress Gemma McCluskie has been found in the same East End canal where her torso was found.
The arm was spotted yesterday by a member of British Waterways close to the same location of Regent’s Canals where her headless and limbless torso was discovered earlier this month.
A police spokeswoman said: “Were were called at 09:35am yesterday to reports of an arm found in the Regents Canal in Hackney.
“Officers attended and recovered the limb close to the Broadway Market stretch of the canal.
“We await further tests to determine identity, but at this stage it is believed to be connected to Gemma McCluskie.”
You may also want to watch:
Police divers are also continuing to search the area for more body parts.
The actress’ torso was discovered about a week after she went missing from her home in Bethnal Green which she shared with her mother Pauline and brother Tony.
- 1 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 6 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 7 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 8 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 9 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 10 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
Her 35-year-old brother Tony McCluskie, of Pelter Street, has been charged with her murder and is due to appear at the Old Bailey for a plea and management hearing in June. He is currently in custody.
Miss McCluskie appeared as Kerry Skinner in 30 episodes of EastEnders back in 2000-2001.