Gemma McCluskie brother in court accused of EastEnders actress’ murder
The brother of former EastEnders actress Gemma McCluskie will appear in court today charged with her murder.
Miss McCluskie’s torso was discovered dumped in Regent’s Canal close to Hackney’s Broadway Market last week, days after she attended a high-profile hospital opening ceremony in east London.
Her 35-year-old brother Tony was formally charged by police on Saturday night as divers continued their searches for Miss McCluskie’s remaining body parts.
The actress, 29, who played Kerry Skinner in the BBC soap in 2001, went missing following the opening of the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel.
Friends launched extensive searches across east London in a bid to find her and former EastEnders co-stars Natalie Cassidy and Brooke Kinsella both appealed on Twitter for help.
Miss McCluskie’s remains were discovered on Tuesday when a member of the public reported a suspicious object.
A post-mortem examination has proved inconclusive.
- 1 Boy, 16, in custody after spate of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes
- 2 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 3 Cops hunt 'crucial' witness 'Sandra' who helped teen rape victim
- 4 Wanted: Suspect sought after series of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes area
- 5 TfL worker launches petition to reinstate Finsbury Park to Edgware railway
- 6 Met defends Israeli police visit to Hackney
- 7 Pole thrown on railway tracks 'caused over 11 hours of delays'
- 8 The three strikes and protests hitting Hackney this week
- 9 Plea date set for teen charged with broad daylight stabbing
- 10 Man dies after being found on fire in Stoke Newington
Tony McCluskie, of Pelter Street, Bethnal Green, is accused of killing his sister between February 29 and March 6. He will appear in custody at Thames Magistrates’ Court in east London.