Gemma McCluskie: More body parts believed to belong to killed EastEnders actress found in Regent’s Canal
Police have confirmed two legs believed to belong to killed East Enders actress Gemma McCluskie have now been found.
A police spokeswoman said: “Further searches of the Regents Canal in Hackney by our Marine Support Unit led to the discovery of two legs yesterday.
“We await further tests to determine identity but at this stage it is believed to be connected to the killing of Gemma McCluskie.”
It is understood each leg was found separately.
It comes after a right-hand arm, also believed to belong to Miss McCluskie, was found in Regent’s Canal on Monday, close to Broadway Market where her torso was discovered earlier this month. Police divers are still searching the river for the remaining body parts.
You may also want to watch:
The actress’ torso was discovered about a week after she went missing from her home in Bethnal Green which she shared with her mother Pauline and brother Tony.
Her 35-year-old brother Tony McCluskie, of Pelter Street, has been charged with her murder and is due to appear at the Old Bailey for a plea and management hearing in June. He is currently in custody.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 6 Newington Green's Meeting House to stream concert series for Mary Wollstonecraft's 262nd Birthday
- 7 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 8 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 9 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 10 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
Miss McCluskie appeared as Kerry Skinner in 30 episodes of EastEnders back in 2000-2001.