Gemma McCluskie: More body parts believed to belong to killed EastEnders actress found in Regent’s Canal
Police have confirmed two legs believed to belong to killed East Enders actress Gemma McCluskie have now been found.
A police spokeswoman said: “Further searches of the Regents Canal in Hackney by our Marine Support Unit led to the discovery of two legs yesterday.
“We await further tests to determine identity but at this stage it is believed to be connected to the killing of Gemma McCluskie.”
It is understood each leg was found separately.
It comes after a right-hand arm, also believed to belong to Miss McCluskie, was found in Regent’s Canal on Monday, close to Broadway Market where her torso was discovered earlier this month. Police divers are still searching the river for the remaining body parts.
You may also want to watch:
The actress’ torso was discovered about a week after she went missing from her home in Bethnal Green which she shared with her mother Pauline and brother Tony.
Her 35-year-old brother Tony McCluskie, of Pelter Street, has been charged with her murder and is due to appear at the Old Bailey for a plea and management hearing in June. He is currently in custody.
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 7 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 8 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
- 9 Police divers search for man who fell from boat into freezing River Lea
- 10 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
Miss McCluskie appeared as Kerry Skinner in 30 episodes of EastEnders back in 2000-2001.