Gemma McCluskie: Police expected to identify body believed to be missing EastEnders actress today
The headless torso found in an East End canal and believed to be missing EastEnders actress Gemma McCluskie is expected to be formally identified later today.
The limbless naked body pulled out of the water near the Broadway Market stretch of the Regents Canal has a tattoo which led detectives to believe it is Gemma, according to police.
But detectives are still carrying out DNA tests, a police spokeswoman explained.
Gemma disappeared from her home in Pelter Street, of Hackney Road, Bethnal Green, over a week ago.
A 35-year-old, widely reported to be the actress’ brother, has been arrested and is in custody.
You may also want to watch:
Police have until Saturday afternoon to charge him or apply for an extension to continue holding him.
- 1 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 2 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 3 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 4 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 5 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 6 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 7 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers
- 10 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets