Gemma McCluskie: Police expected to identify body believed to be missing EastEnders actress today
The headless torso found in an East End canal and believed to be missing EastEnders actress Gemma McCluskie is expected to be formally identified later today.
The limbless naked body pulled out of the water near the Broadway Market stretch of the Regents Canal has a tattoo which led detectives to believe it is Gemma, according to police.
But detectives are still carrying out DNA tests, a police spokeswoman explained.
Gemma disappeared from her home in Pelter Street, of Hackney Road, Bethnal Green, over a week ago.
A 35-year-old, widely reported to be the actress’ brother, has been arrested and is in custody.
You may also want to watch:
Police have until Saturday afternoon to charge him or apply for an extension to continue holding him.
- 1 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 4 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 5 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 6 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 7 Hackney postal voters urged to reapply after cyber-attack
- 8 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 9 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase