Gemma McCluskie: Post-mortem of body believed to be missing East Enders actress inconclusive.
A post-mortem today on the headless torso found in an East End canal has proved inconclusive.
Further forensic tests will now be carried out of the woman’s body
believed to be that of missing EastEnders actress Gemma McCluskie.
The limbless torso understood to have a tattoo was discovered floating near the Broadway Market stretch of the Regents Canal by a member of the public.
The Met’s marine divers continue to search the water for the head, legs and arms belonging to the body, according to Scotland Yard.
Floral tributes have been left near the spot were the body was found on Tuesday.
Police detectives believe they know the identity of the body but a formal identification is not expected until tomorrow.
- 1 Man in 'life-threatening' condition after Hackney shooting
- 2 Ongoing gas leak after fire and explosion in Shoreditch
- 3 Housing plan for De Beauvoir estate approved – despite environmental concerns
- 4 Hackney Central: 25 flee from flats as fire breaks out in shop below
- 5 Police appeal for witnesses after Finsbury Park stabbing
- 6 Hackney hostel murder: Man jailed for repeatedly stamping on victim's head
- 7 Top Hackney cop moves on to get the force out of special measures
- 8 No Stansted Express trains for five days in August
- 9 Appeal: Victims feel 'extremely vulnerable' after bus sexual assaults
- 10 Investigation under way after fire and explosion at Shoreditch block
A 35-year-old man arrested, widely reported to be the actress’ brother, continues to be held at a East London police station.