Gemma McCluskie: Post-mortem of body believed to be missing East Enders actress inconclusive.
A post-mortem today on the headless torso found in an East End canal has proved inconclusive.
Further forensic tests will now be carried out of the woman’s body
believed to be that of missing EastEnders actress Gemma McCluskie.
The limbless torso understood to have a tattoo was discovered floating near the Broadway Market stretch of the Regents Canal by a member of the public.
The Met’s marine divers continue to search the water for the head, legs and arms belonging to the body, according to Scotland Yard.
You may also want to watch:
Floral tributes have been left near the spot were the body was found on Tuesday.
Police detectives believe they know the identity of the body but a formal identification is not expected until tomorrow.
- 1 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 4 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
A 35-year-old man arrested, widely reported to be the actress’ brother, continues to be held at a East London police station.