Gemma McCluskie: Post-mortem of body believed to be missing East Enders actress inconclusive.
A post-mortem today on the headless torso found in an East End canal has proved inconclusive.
Further forensic tests will now be carried out of the woman’s body
believed to be that of missing EastEnders actress Gemma McCluskie.
The limbless torso understood to have a tattoo was discovered floating near the Broadway Market stretch of the Regents Canal by a member of the public.
The Met’s marine divers continue to search the water for the head, legs and arms belonging to the body, according to Scotland Yard.
You may also want to watch:
Floral tributes have been left near the spot were the body was found on Tuesday.
Police detectives believe they know the identity of the body but a formal identification is not expected until tomorrow.
- 1 Fears soft play centre Kidzmania could be at threat due to flats plan
- 2 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 3 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 4 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 5 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 6 Letter on LTN scheme in Stoke Newington
- 7 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this weekend (September 25-56)
- 8 A sneak peak of what's in store for Black History Season in Hackney
- 9 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 10 Sadiq Khan urged to denounce £1.2bn Edmonton incinerator
A 35-year-old man arrested, widely reported to be the actress’ brother, continues to be held at a East London police station.