Gemma McCluskie: Post-mortem of body believed to be missing East Enders actress inconclusive.
A post-mortem today on the headless torso found in an East End canal has proved inconclusive.
Further forensic tests will now be carried out of the woman’s body
believed to be that of missing EastEnders actress Gemma McCluskie.
The limbless torso understood to have a tattoo was discovered floating near the Broadway Market stretch of the Regents Canal by a member of the public.
The Met’s marine divers continue to search the water for the head, legs and arms belonging to the body, according to Scotland Yard.
You may also want to watch:
Floral tributes have been left near the spot were the body was found on Tuesday.
Police detectives believe they know the identity of the body but a formal identification is not expected until tomorrow.
- 1 "Heartless" Joshua White killers jailed for life
- 2 Broken De Beauvoir Estate lift saw man "bump" wife in wheelchair down stairs
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 5 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 6 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 7 Calls for black women's voices to also be heard in light of Sarah Everard death
- 8 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 9 Hackney Rabbi campaigns with Idris Elba, Ed Sheeran, Lewis Hamilton and others to Never Forget Stephen Lawrence
- 10 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
A 35-year-old man arrested, widely reported to be the actress’ brother, continues to be held at a East London police station.