Gemma McCluskie’s brother admits killing actress
The brother of former EastEnders actress Gemma McCluskie has accepted responsibility for her death, a court has heard.
A judge said Tony McCluskie, 35, will now face trial on the issue of whether her death was murder or manslaughter.
McCluskie, who lived in Peter Street, Hackney, east London, with his 29-year-old sister, was due to go on trial next month.
But the trial was today moved to January 14 next year, following the discovery of Miss McCluskie’s head in the Regent’s Canal near her home on September 9.
McCluskie, who appeared by videolink, was remanded in custody at the Old Bailey.
You may also want to watch:
Miss McCluskie went missing and her headless and limbless body was discovered floating in the canal a week later.
She was last seen alive attending the �650million opening of the new Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel, east London, in March.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 3 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 4 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 8 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 9 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web
- 10 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition
Miss McCluskie played Kerry Skinner in the BBC soap in 2001.
Friends launched extensive searches across east London in a bid to find her and former EastEnders co-stars Natalie Cassidy and Brooke Kinsella both appealed on Twitter for help.