Gemma McCluskie: Tributes to EastEnders actress moved from East End canal
Tributes left for EastEnders actress Gemma McCluskie were today moved from the East End canal where her body was found to the family home in Bethnal Green.
It is understood her brother Danny wanted tributes left for the 29-year-old actress moved from the Broadway Market stretch of the Regent’s Canal, where her headless torso was found, to the home she shared with her mother and her other brother, Tony, in Pelter Street.
The tributes which include flowers, candles, cards, soft toys and balloons now form part of another shrine which was already building up outside the home still guarded and cordoned off by police.
Her brother Tony McCluskie, age 35, of Pelter Street, Bethnal Green,
is accused of killing the actress, who had been caring for their ill mother for the past couple of years.
You may also want to watch:
Earlier today at Thames Magistrates’ Court he confirmed his name, address and date of birth during a one-and-a-half minute appearance.
He faces a preliminary hearing at the Old Bailey on March 26.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 3 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 7 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 8 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 9 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition
- 10 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web
Gemma is believed to have been last seen on March 1 at the high-profile opening of the �650 million Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel.
Police are still searching for her remaining body parts.
A post-mortem examination was unable to establish the cause of death leading police to carry out further tests.
Family, friends and East Enders co stars Natalie Cassidy, Martine McCutcheon and Brooke Kinsella had appealed for help in finding her after she was reported missing.