Gemma McCluskie: Tributes to EastEnders actress moved from East End canal
Tributes left for EastEnders actress Gemma McCluskie were today moved from the East End canal where her body was found to the family home in Bethnal Green.
It is understood her brother Danny wanted tributes left for the 29-year-old actress moved from the Broadway Market stretch of the Regent’s Canal, where her headless torso was found, to the home she shared with her mother and her other brother, Tony, in Pelter Street.
The tributes which include flowers, candles, cards, soft toys and balloons now form part of another shrine which was already building up outside the home still guarded and cordoned off by police.
Her brother Tony McCluskie, age 35, of Pelter Street, Bethnal Green,
is accused of killing the actress, who had been caring for their ill mother for the past couple of years.
You may also want to watch:
Earlier today at Thames Magistrates’ Court he confirmed his name, address and date of birth during a one-and-a-half minute appearance.
He faces a preliminary hearing at the Old Bailey on March 26.
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 6 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 7 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 8 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
Gemma is believed to have been last seen on March 1 at the high-profile opening of the �650 million Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel.
Police are still searching for her remaining body parts.
A post-mortem examination was unable to establish the cause of death leading police to carry out further tests.
Family, friends and East Enders co stars Natalie Cassidy, Martine McCutcheon and Brooke Kinsella had appealed for help in finding her after she was reported missing.