Girl, 16, suffers attempted sex attack in broad daylight in Stoke Newington’s Abney Park Cemetery
A pervert tried to sexually assault a 16-year-old girl as she walked through Hackney’s historic Abney Park Cemetery on the way to work on Sunday afternoon (September 4).
The victim was attacked by a hooded man as she took a shortcut through the overgrown cemetery, which is just off Stoke Newington High Street, at about 2pm.
She was walking up a gravel path when she noticed someone was following her.
The suspect - described as a ‘chubby’ black man, aged about 30 - grabbed her from behind and attempted to drag her into a wooded area.
He then ordered her to remove some of her clothing.
You may also want to watch:
The terrified girl heard voices nearby and screamed - causing the man to run off in the direction of Stoke Newington High Street.
Detectives say he was about 5ft 9ins tall, had black stubble on his face and spoke with a deep voice in a local accent.
- 1 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 2 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 3 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 4 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 7 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 8 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 9 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
- 10 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
He was wearing black gloves with a Nike tick and a navy hooded top, which he had pulled up over his head.
Anyone with information should call Hackney CID on 020 7275 3640 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.