Gumtree user knocked out and robbed while selling laptop in Stoke Newington
- Credit: Archant
A Gumtree seller was knocked out and robbed yards from his home by a man who had arranged to buy his laptop.
The victim, believed to be in his 20s, was attacked yesterday evening and is in serious condition in hospital.
The buyer had gone to his home in Manor Road, Stoke Newington as planned and, after seeing the laptop, asked him to walk to his car in the nearby Listria Park.
The seller was then attacked by the man and two friends, who left him unconscious and fled with his mobile phone and laptop.
He was treated by medics from private ambulance firm Hatzola before being taken to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Jewish neighbourhood watch group Shomrim said the victim had been “badly beaten” and suffered severe concussion.
- 1 Residents' parking spaces removed for Church Street LTN
- 2 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 3 Hackney's pie and mash house son featured on MasterChef
- 4 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 5 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 6 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 7 Hackney's Liam Dillion aims for vacant English super-featherweight title
- 8 Still no justice for Hackney flat party stabbing victim Elyon Poku
- 9 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 10 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate