Gumtree user knocked out and robbed while selling laptop in Stoke Newington
- Credit: Archant
A Gumtree seller was knocked out and robbed yards from his home by a man who had arranged to buy his laptop.
The victim, believed to be in his 20s, was attacked yesterday evening and is in serious condition in hospital.
The buyer had gone to his home in Manor Road, Stoke Newington as planned and, after seeing the laptop, asked him to walk to his car in the nearby Listria Park.
The seller was then attacked by the man and two friends, who left him unconscious and fled with his mobile phone and laptop.
He was treated by medics from private ambulance firm Hatzola before being taken to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Jewish neighbourhood watch group Shomrim said the victim had been “badly beaten” and suffered severe concussion.
- 1 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 2 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers
- 3 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 4 Scouts roll out new early years Squirrels programme across east London
- 5 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 6 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this weekend (September 25-56)
- 7 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 8 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 9 Hackney Wick's Lord Napier pub opens its doors after 26 years
- 10 'Hackney is still building', says mayor on future affordable housing