Gumtree user knocked out and robbed while selling laptop in Stoke Newington
- Credit: Archant
A Gumtree seller was knocked out and robbed yards from his home by a man who had arranged to buy his laptop.
The victim, believed to be in his 20s, was attacked yesterday evening and is in serious condition in hospital.
The buyer had gone to his home in Manor Road, Stoke Newington as planned and, after seeing the laptop, asked him to walk to his car in the nearby Listria Park.
The seller was then attacked by the man and two friends, who left him unconscious and fled with his mobile phone and laptop.
He was treated by medics from private ambulance firm Hatzola before being taken to hospital.
A spokesman for Jewish neighbourhood watch group Shomrim said the victim had been “badly beaten” and suffered severe concussion.
- 1 Woman 'may face life-changing injuries' after Dalston e-scooter crash
- 2 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 3 Apply now: Hackney Central business fund launched
- 4 24-hour waking watch: Shoreditch block's fire alarm system damaged by flood
- 5 Incinerator protest group WhatsApp infiltrated by waste authority member
- 6 Man arrested over two separate rape allegations - one previously unknown to police
- 7 Dalston food couriers protest will disrupt deliveries this afternoon
- 8 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 9 'Government should rethink their plans': Masks still required on TfL
- 10 Girl reported missing from Hackney found