Gumtree user knocked out and robbed while selling laptop in Stoke Newington
- Credit: Archant
A Gumtree seller was knocked out and robbed yards from his home by a man who had arranged to buy his laptop.
The victim, believed to be in his 20s, was attacked yesterday evening and is in serious condition in hospital.
The buyer had gone to his home in Manor Road, Stoke Newington as planned and, after seeing the laptop, asked him to walk to his car in the nearby Listria Park.
The seller was then attacked by the man and two friends, who left him unconscious and fled with his mobile phone and laptop.
He was treated by medics from private ambulance firm Hatzola before being taken to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Jewish neighbourhood watch group Shomrim said the victim had been “badly beaten” and suffered severe concussion.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 6 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'
- 9 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 10 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens