Gumtree user knocked out and robbed while selling laptop in Stoke Newington
- Credit: Archant
A Gumtree seller was knocked out and robbed yards from his home by a man who had arranged to buy his laptop.
The victim, believed to be in his 20s, was attacked yesterday evening and is in serious condition in hospital.
The buyer had gone to his home in Manor Road, Stoke Newington as planned and, after seeing the laptop, asked him to walk to his car in the nearby Listria Park.
The seller was then attacked by the man and two friends, who left him unconscious and fled with his mobile phone and laptop.
He was treated by medics from private ambulance firm Hatzola before being taken to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Jewish neighbourhood watch group Shomrim said the victim had been “badly beaten” and suffered severe concussion.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 4 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 5 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 8 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 9 Hackney author speaks out against stop and search
- 10 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities