Gun-point robbery at Santander Mare Street is linked to others in north London
- Credit: poliec
Two robberies at Santander’s Mare Street branch have been linked to a series of armed robberies across north London.
Flying Squad detectives have linked five robberies in 12 months. Crimestoppers is now offering £5,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible.
The men responsible are thought to have carried out two more at Santander in Mare Street in 2016, another at Cyprofood cash and carry in Tottenham in May 2016, and one more at Santander in Forest Gate.
Two security guards were ambushed in Mare Street on August 29, 2016, as they were refilling a cash machine by two men – one of whom was holding silver self-loading pistol with a black silencer.
Then on December 3, 2016, two security guards were attacked as they were delivering cash to the bank. They were thwarted before they could steal any money and escaped in a white 4x4 Mitsubishi Outlander.
You may also want to watch:
CCTV footage has been released of the latest offence which saw a security guard shot in his leg three times as he was refilling a cash machine in May at Nationwide Building Society in Walthamstow.
Call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or see www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 3 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 4 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 5 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 6 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 7 Restaurant owner delivers treats to Homerton Hospital
- 8 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 9 Sawing-in-half trick reaches century since first show in Finsbury Park
- 10 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding