Gun-point robbery at Santander Mare Street is linked to others in north London
- Credit: poliec
Two robberies at Santander’s Mare Street branch have been linked to a series of armed robberies across north London.
Flying Squad detectives have linked five robberies in 12 months. Crimestoppers is now offering £5,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible.
The men responsible are thought to have carried out two more at Santander in Mare Street in 2016, another at Cyprofood cash and carry in Tottenham in May 2016, and one more at Santander in Forest Gate.
Two security guards were ambushed in Mare Street on August 29, 2016, as they were refilling a cash machine by two men – one of whom was holding silver self-loading pistol with a black silencer.
Then on December 3, 2016, two security guards were attacked as they were delivering cash to the bank. They were thwarted before they could steal any money and escaped in a white 4x4 Mitsubishi Outlander.
You may also want to watch:
CCTV footage has been released of the latest offence which saw a security guard shot in his leg three times as he was refilling a cash machine in May at Nationwide Building Society in Walthamstow.
Call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or see www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 4 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 6 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 7 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 8 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 9 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 10 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school