Gunshot reported following argument in Hackney gang area
Police call on anyone with information to come forward in confidence.
POLICE are appealing for information into possible gunfire in an area known for gang activity.
Hackney officers are calling on potential witnesses to come forward after they received reports of a firearm being discharged in Ballance Road, Homerton, at around 4.30pm on Tuesday November 30.
Witnesses reported an argument took place during which a firearm is thought to have been fired.
The Ballance Boys are a gang known to operate in the area and who are reported to wear red or purple bandanas.
You may also want to watch:
In March this year The Learning Trust, the organization in charge of education in Hackney, asked all teachers to inform police of any information they had on youths attached to the ‘Ballance Boys’.
Currently there is no suggestion the incident is gang related and police are asking anyone with information to call DC Gavin Markey of Hackney CID, on 0300 123 1212 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, quoting reference number 4632356/10.
- 1 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 2 On the fringe: Great shows in north London this summer
- 3 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 4 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 5 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 6 Mick Gosling tribute: 'A man of honesty and justice'
- 7 Thunder and lightning could return to London on Monday
- 8 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 9 Mick Gosling tribute: 'Political vision and flair'
- 10 Where to go to get Pfizer and Astra Zeneca vaccinations
Alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference number.