Gunshot reported following argument in Hackney gang area
Police call on anyone with information to come forward in confidence.
POLICE are appealing for information into possible gunfire in an area known for gang activity.
Hackney officers are calling on potential witnesses to come forward after they received reports of a firearm being discharged in Ballance Road, Homerton, at around 4.30pm on Tuesday November 30.
Witnesses reported an argument took place during which a firearm is thought to have been fired.
The Ballance Boys are a gang known to operate in the area and who are reported to wear red or purple bandanas.
You may also want to watch:
In March this year The Learning Trust, the organization in charge of education in Hackney, asked all teachers to inform police of any information they had on youths attached to the ‘Ballance Boys’.
Currently there is no suggestion the incident is gang related and police are asking anyone with information to call DC Gavin Markey of Hackney CID, on 0300 123 1212 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, quoting reference number 4632356/10.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 6 Newington Green's Meeting House to stream concert series for Mary Wollstonecraft's 262nd Birthday
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 9 Calls for black women's voices to also be heard in light of Sarah Everard death
- 10 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
Alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference number.