Gunshot reported following argument in Hackney gang area
Police call on anyone with information to come forward in confidence.
POLICE are appealing for information into possible gunfire in an area known for gang activity.
Hackney officers are calling on potential witnesses to come forward after they received reports of a firearm being discharged in Ballance Road, Homerton, at around 4.30pm on Tuesday November 30.
Witnesses reported an argument took place during which a firearm is thought to have been fired.
The Ballance Boys are a gang known to operate in the area and who are reported to wear red or purple bandanas.
You may also want to watch:
In March this year The Learning Trust, the organization in charge of education in Hackney, asked all teachers to inform police of any information they had on youths attached to the ‘Ballance Boys’.
Currently there is no suggestion the incident is gang related and police are asking anyone with information to call DC Gavin Markey of Hackney CID, on 0300 123 1212 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, quoting reference number 4632356/10.
- 1 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 2 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 6 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 7 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 8 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 9 Woman arrested over London Fields shooting that left innocent bystander paralysed
- 10 Police divers search for man who fell from boat into freezing River Lea
Alternatively email email@example.com quoting the reference number.