Hackney boys accused of 21 crimes in one month
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
Two 15-year-old boys, both accused of being armed with knives as they committed a string of crimes in Hackney in just one month, have been remanded in custody.
The boys, who cannot be named for legal reasons, appeared in custody at Stratford Youth Court last week, both charged with 21 offences including actual bodily harm.
The crimes they are accused of include two robberies and possessing knives in a public place in Christie Road, Victoria Park, on Saturday, August 1.
On Saturday, August 8, they allegedly committed another robbery at knifepoint in Gunstor Road, Stoke Newington.
Just two days later, they allegedly carried out a robbery at knifepoint in Albion Grove, Stoke Newington, as well a robbery and two attempted robberies in Clissold Park, where the first boy is also accused of carrying out a further robbery.
You may also want to watch:
On Thursday, August 27 they are accused of attempted grievous bodily harm with intent, attempted robbery and possession of a knife in a public place in Garnham Street, Stoke Newington,
The following day they allegedly stole from a business premises in Stamford Hill, and are accused of actual bodily harm there and possession of a knife.
- 1 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 4 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
- 5 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 6 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 7 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 8 Hackney writer creates web series to deter young people from "street life"
- 9 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 10 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
Then the next day, on August 29, they are accused of two robberies in Bayston Road, Stoke Newington, and possessing knives.
The second boy also allegedly committed a robbery in Fairholt Road, Stoke Newington on August 30.
They will next appear at Snaresbrook Crown Court next week.