Hackney boys accused of 21 crimes in one month
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
Two 15-year-old boys, both accused of being armed with knives as they committed a string of crimes in Hackney in just one month, have been remanded in custody.
The boys, who cannot be named for legal reasons, appeared in custody at Stratford Youth Court last week, both charged with 21 offences including actual bodily harm.
The crimes they are accused of include two robberies and possessing knives in a public place in Christie Road, Victoria Park, on Saturday, August 1.
On Saturday, August 8, they allegedly committed another robbery at knifepoint in Gunstor Road, Stoke Newington.
Just two days later, they allegedly carried out a robbery at knifepoint in Albion Grove, Stoke Newington, as well a robbery and two attempted robberies in Clissold Park, where the first boy is also accused of carrying out a further robbery.
You may also want to watch:
On Thursday, August 27 they are accused of attempted grievous bodily harm with intent, attempted robbery and possession of a knife in a public place in Garnham Street, Stoke Newington,
The following day they allegedly stole from a business premises in Stamford Hill, and are accused of actual bodily harm there and possession of a knife.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 3 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 4 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 5 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 6 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 7 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 8 Sistah Space launches charity shop to help domestic abuse survivors
- 9 Police searching for rightful owners of 45 stolen bikes
- 10 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
Then the next day, on August 29, they are accused of two robberies in Bayston Road, Stoke Newington, and possessing knives.
The second boy also allegedly committed a robbery in Fairholt Road, Stoke Newington on August 30.
They will next appear at Snaresbrook Crown Court next week.