Hackney cops rumble mobile phone thief suspects
Cops rumbled suspected mobile phone pick-pockets in the early hours of Sunday morning (December 5) in Dalston, after a tip off from a CCTV operator.
The Hackney council employee spotted two characters acting suspiciously in Kingsland High Street around 4am.
He looked on as one man took a mobile phone and a wallet out of an unwitting victim’s pocket, dropping them on the floor for the second suspect to then pick up.
Both men were tracked by CCTV walking down Shacklewell Lane and turning into Alvington Crescent, where cops arrived on the scene a couple of minutes later.
Both men were detained after searching the area where the suspects were last seen, cops found five mobile phones hidden in a plastic bag in a garden, as well as two mobile phones and money found on both suspects.
Two men aged 20 and 22 have been arrested on suspicion of theft, and have been bailed to return to Stoke Newington Police Station on December 16.
Police are trying to trace the owners of the suspected stolen mobile phones.
- 1 Girl reported missing from Hackney found
- 2 Man arrested over two separate rape allegations - one previously unknown to police
- 3 Woman, 31, cleared of murdering man in Hackney
- 4 Come Dine With Me calls on east London restaurants for new show
- 5 Man's head and hand slashed in Hackney knife attack
- 6 Dumpling Shack announces plans for Hackney restaurant
- 7 Covid patient numbers remain steady at Homerton Hospital
- 8 Sentencing delayed for 'audacious' fraudster who conned Hackney hotel staff
- 9 Hackney-born football fanatic pens lifelong passion
- 10 Hackney woman fined £12,000 for hosting birthday bash a day after No 10 parties