Hackney cops rumble mobile phone thief suspects
Cops rumbled suspected mobile phone pick-pockets in the early hours of Sunday morning (December 5) in Dalston, after a tip off from a CCTV operator.
The Hackney council employee spotted two characters acting suspiciously in Kingsland High Street around 4am.
He looked on as one man took a mobile phone and a wallet out of an unwitting victim’s pocket, dropping them on the floor for the second suspect to then pick up.
Both men were tracked by CCTV walking down Shacklewell Lane and turning into Alvington Crescent, where cops arrived on the scene a couple of minutes later.
Both men were detained after searching the area where the suspects were last seen, cops found five mobile phones hidden in a plastic bag in a garden, as well as two mobile phones and money found on both suspects.
You may also want to watch:
Two men aged 20 and 22 have been arrested on suspicion of theft, and have been bailed to return to Stoke Newington Police Station on December 16.
Police are trying to trace the owners of the suspected stolen mobile phones.
- 1 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 2 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 3 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 4 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 7 Restaurant owner delivers treats to Homerton Hospital
- 8 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 9 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 10 Bedroom pop producer 'owes success to Hackney's creative community'