Hackney doorstep stabbing victim recovering in hospital
- Credit: Archant
A man is recovering in hospital after being stabbed on a doorstep in Lower Clapton.
Police were called to Elderfield Road in Lower Clapton just after 7pm last Thursday, where they found the 53-year old victim who had been stabbed in his arm and leg.
He was taken to an east London hospital for treatment and is now in a stable condition.
Investigating officer, DS Paul Ridley from Hackney violent crime unit, said: “I am aware that there was a disturbance on the doorstep of a premises in Elderfield Road concerning the victim and another man.
“The assailant stabbed the victim before making his escape along Elderfield Road.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call 101 or to remain anonymous to call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 6 Newington Green's Meeting House to stream concert series for Mary Wollstonecraft's 262nd Birthday
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 9 Calls for black women's voices to also be heard in light of Sarah Everard death
- 10 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space