Hackney doorstep stabbing victim recovering in hospital
- Credit: Archant
A man is recovering in hospital after being stabbed on a doorstep in Lower Clapton.
Police were called to Elderfield Road in Lower Clapton just after 7pm last Thursday, where they found the 53-year old victim who had been stabbed in his arm and leg.
He was taken to an east London hospital for treatment and is now in a stable condition.
Investigating officer, DS Paul Ridley from Hackney violent crime unit, said: “I am aware that there was a disturbance on the doorstep of a premises in Elderfield Road concerning the victim and another man.
“The assailant stabbed the victim before making his escape along Elderfield Road.”
Anyone with information should call 101 or to remain anonymous to call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Children hospitalised in Stamford Hill house fire involving candles
- 2 Man on trial for attempted murder of girlfriend was in drug-induced psychosis
- 3 CCTV: Dog walker helped raped woman, 19, call the police in Hackney
- 4 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 5 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 6 Homerton LTN to be made permanent despite division among residents
- 7 Drivers and assistants for special needs pupils vote to strike after council 'brush off'
- 8 Boxpark reveals plans for Shoreditch rooftop garden
- 9 Acapella choir to debut at Hackney's Round Chapel
- 10 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns