Hackney doorstep stabbing victim recovering in hospital
- Credit: Archant
A man is recovering in hospital after being stabbed on a doorstep in Lower Clapton.
Police were called to Elderfield Road in Lower Clapton just after 7pm last Thursday, where they found the 53-year old victim who had been stabbed in his arm and leg.
He was taken to an east London hospital for treatment and is now in a stable condition.
Investigating officer, DS Paul Ridley from Hackney violent crime unit, said: “I am aware that there was a disturbance on the doorstep of a premises in Elderfield Road concerning the victim and another man.
“The assailant stabbed the victim before making his escape along Elderfield Road.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call 101 or to remain anonymous to call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 7 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
- 8 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 9 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 10 Letters: Christchurch Estate, Cllr Burke, Happy Man Tree and CCTV